Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know about anyone else on here but did anyone else have a very active imagination and daydream alot before dpdr or even still?
This sucks cause i still do with certain things, like reminessing on something that happened earlier in the day or a conversation thatll take place in my head with visuals and everything and then i come back to reality and then i get scared because i am aware that i wasnt in reality for a good while and dont remember seeing anything other than my own imagination for a bit, if that makes sense? Its not like i was hallucinating, i was just so focused on my daydream and then everything hits me again and its wierd i wasnt aware of anything else for a bit and it scares me that i was not present for a short time. It sucks cause i never had this scary awareness of this before dpdr and it completely ruins the daydream/fantasy i was having. Its like this disorder drains every good/positive thing out of you in every way.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Jix!

I can VERY relate to this "problem". It seems that I'm daydreaming a lot more but I think this is because we are living in our heads when experiencing dpdr.

And yes, especially switching between daydreaming and being concious/aware again gives a little panic attack every single time.

We are just too hyper-aware of all these things now. Before I wouldn't have bothered daydreaming during a meeting and would laugh it off when someone pointed it out (Yes, I'v also been a very vivid daydreamer before). But now it just shoots me into even worse dr/panic.

Its anxiety doing this to you, it will fade away when we stop being so anxious. Then we can laugh about it again and ENJOY daydreaming.

Stay strong :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts