Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try both of these SSRI's and have a better experience with one vs. the other? I take Zoloft now and I'm really curious about what would happen if i switched over to Celexa. Thanks

·
Registered
742 Posts
The differences in SSRIs are in half-life and some also have a little effect on other neurotransmitters besides serotonin.There can be some interaction in the metabolism in the liver with other drugs so if one takes other drugs one would avoid such interaction. Celexa is the most selective for serotonin while Zoloft also have a little effect on dopamine but not significant.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Anyone try both of these SSRI's and have a better experience with one vs. the other? I take Zoloft now and I'm really curious about what would happen if i switched over to Celexa. Thanks
I saw in one post you made that zoloft is working for you? So why are you looking for another drug?

·
Registered
742 Posts
It's helping but I'm not cured.. What does "half-life" mean? Does it mean if you keeping taking 100mg eventually it will feel like 50mg? How long does that usually take?
There is no evidence that antidepressants have any effect on the core symptoms of depersonalisation.Half-life is related to wash-out and steady state of the drug. Nothing to it clinical effect.It might help for co-morbid symptoms of anxiety and depression. If you are looking for a antipressent that will cure DP it is not there. There is no drug proven to have a significant effect on DP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts