Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Over the span of time Ive had many ups and down. Only now I am beginning to notice the hidden scars left by my childhood and the accumulated repressed emotions and fear I so much held in for so long.

I'd like to tell you to let go...let go of everything that bothered you before. Dont give in the shit ppl sell or spout, if you dont like a scenery, change it or leave it.

If there is something you dont like about a person, speak up and talk, dont scream, just be frank and stern.

Get out that journal, book, loose sheets, whatever and write. Write down what happened to you in the past, analyze yourself why some things bother you and hurt you.

You have resentment? Anger? Repressed emotions toward someone or yourself?

IT'S TIME TO SAY FUCK YOU AND LET.IT.OUT!

You dont like where you live, work, study or eat? Then change it or leave it.

Dont like what someone has to say about a topic, then speak up, say it, frank and stern. Put out your opinions, your beliefs, your ideas.

THIS is your identity. It's the forgotten part of us that we let waste away, submerged by what society wanted and expected, not what we wanted and dreamed of.

Somebody wants to fight you? Ask him gloves or bare knuckles...

Someone cursed you out? Lean new vocabulary and fuck them up vernacularly.

Fight.Live.Eat good.Sleep good. EXERCISE!

Exercise and while you are at it, think of all the bullshit you went through and the shit that impeded you. Realize you didnt have a limit. Society found it for you!

Cry...i dont care if you are super macho man, cry at home, let.it.out!

Cry a river plus a dam. I find that jogging releases that sensation of crying.

Get better. You will, you can. Dont let this stupid condition hinder your true self.

That is what this is. We lived too secluded in our thoughts and actions that anxiety built, other shit built inside of us too and then our mind -- not knowing how to handle NOT being itself -- protected itself from more lies!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maybe it can help people who are blocked by too much ressentment, anger, etc. But personally, i did this kind of behavior before, concentrate my feelings of anger and lash it out on people but all it did in the end was making more angry, then i internalized it and shut myself from the world. I realised that lately.

But everyone is different, and you're right about the part that we are too secluded in this society and not allowed to really express ourselves. We have to find a balance between releasing the emotions too buried deep and not indulging ourselves in a state of victim (the syndrom of 'having the weight of the world on our shoulders")

EDIT : And you're also right about the part that we have to affirme ourselves, not being afraid to offend someone, that's a very good point.

Your post is very helpful but i think that the part of the release of negative emotions has to be done in a certain way.

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is so true. for me its reason why i suffer so much.. because subconsciously i think i need please other people. and if im not here for others im selfish and not deserve this life...
its hard change it...
im thinkin that what makes me so special to be happy when heres other suffering

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I like this, except that if venting your anger only creates more anger (it can for some people), a better solution would be to be assertive and set boundaries instead of getting out the boxing gloves. That way you won't have the remorse to deal with afterwords. But overall, it sounds like you are breaking the ice.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Thisisnotlife:
"This is so true. for me its reason why i suffer so much.. because subconsciously i think i need please other people. and if im not here for others im selfish and not deserve this life..."

Yep. A big part of DP right there. Guess what? You may be being more selfish than you realize. Why? You are pleasing others to create an illusion of safety for yourself. You aren't pleasing others for their sake :) you are getting more self benefit than you realize.

It's hard to change because we are used to it an change is scary. But it's possible. We can start small. Like, "today I will say no to having coffee with my friend because it want to see that new movie". Baby steps.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe it can help people who are blocked by too much ressentment, anger, etc. But personally, i did this kind of behavior before, concentrate my feelings of anger and lash it out on people but all it did in the end was making more angry, then i internalized it and shut myself from the world. I realised that lately.

But everyone is different, and you're right about the part that we are too secluded in this society and not allowed to really express ourselves. We have to find a balance between releasing the emotions too buried deep and not indulging ourselves in a state of victim (the syndrom of 'having the weight of the world on our shoulders")

EDIT : And you're also right about the part that we have to affirme ourselves, not being afraid to offend someone, that's a very good point.

Your post is very helpful but i think that the part of the release of negative emotions has to be done in a certain way.
Yeah what I meant is not to scream and become really hostile when you dont agree with something or someone but rather be stern and a little but aggressive. You must mean what you say.

I'm sorry to hear it did not work with you but maybe it was the "anger" part where you dindt find the balance you need.

Personally, I have A LOT of resentment but over the years I kept my eyes and ears closed to the truth. So I learned to adapt and live as if nothing was wrong. As I got older though, I did notice that my life wasn't perfect and that the whole "I dont need anyone, i dont care for anything" attitude was starting to sear the depths of my true self.

I was hurting myself in ways I couldnt imagine. Along with the sheeple indoctrination of society and the cognitive dissonances that emerged from it, and my own self-destructive behavior, I began to tear from the inside.

There were times before DP were I could feel something inside of me weeping and hurting but I suppressed it. Finally, the anxiety, stress, hidden depression and the constant pressure of being something you are not, imploded causing my ..you guessed it, DP yayyy (no, not really)

Anyway, let's hope the best for both of us.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah, i agree, i didn't find the good balance for the release of negative emotions. I work my way out now, slowly and painfully, like everyone here.

Your last paragraph could have been written by me, exactly the same path for me.

Good luck to you too, we need it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts