Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
flourscent lights really bother me. i get headaches, earaches, and dr/dp feeling alot more strongly then in natural light. My dp/dr has improved since in was drug induced in late sept but those lights suck. What scares me is that im going to college in less than a month which means i will be surrounded by them in my classes, cafeteria, room, hallways, bathroom, etc.....I really dont know what to do and would appreciate any suggestions. i will try to avoid them but it is going to be close to impossible.

· Registered
104 Posts
I have been greatly recovered/recovering from DR, but still find that a nice big grocery store will still set it off. As odd as u might feel, wearing sunglasses dramatically increases this sensation.

You'd think that it'd be easy for neurologists to conduct a study of what is going on in the brain, and why more than 50 percent of people with this illness experience these sensations. And no, strobe lights don't work in EEGs. Althoug it does seem closely related to forms of epilepsy.

Try the shades!

G

·
i had to stop going to school because of the fluerecent lights. to me, a room lit by fluerecent lights looks as if it's filled with fog, especailly in grocery stores, and especialy if i've just been in the dark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.