Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Worse dpdr when having stomach pain.

392 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  user1111 
#1 ·
Maybe its because the gut and brain are linked. But im not sure. Anyone know why?

#2 ·
I think it is because of this: DP/DR is a symptom of anxiety. If you are in danger your body will only take care of the muscles and "important organs". The gut would not be an important organ in this situation and the digestion would be left out. That is why many people get a dry mouth and a "node" in the throat when panicking, because there do the digestion starts first. I do not know if theres scientic evidence behind this, but that sounds likely to me.

#5 ·
My derealization gets very bad when I have anything stomach related.But I feel so good when I have a fever.When I hava a fever I feel like when I was still a kid.I read several papers mentioning that some mental disorders vanish when people get a fever.But nothing worse for me than anything stomach related, everything gets worse ocd, dpdr, anxiety etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.