Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv been on paxil for 2 weeks and i still feel the same. Has it not kicked in enough to take away dpdr? I was convinced it took it away when I had it the second time I got it ( this is my third time ). I just tried to leave the house and it was horrible. I just want to feel like myself and see the world how I used to again. I don’t understand how medication doesn’t work if it is caused by anxiety and depression. If you don’t think so just don’t say anything please because I just need reassurance and hope.

·
Registered
978 Posts
2 weeks? bit impatient there bud.

There is no medication formulae, but 6-8 weeks before you really get any benefit, my experience was more around 3 months on the medication I like. Two weeks the medication hasn't even had a moment to work, it's not a magic pill...

Try and stop counting the, days and is it better.. at least for a couple of months

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last time it went away after a month, hoping it was not a coincidence. And anyone who has this would be impatient for this to go away.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I relapsed with my DP too just like you did... here’s something I do that really was stressing me out. I was comparing everything to the “last time” I had it. Last time I did this and it helped or last time I did that and it helped. The more you try and compare it to the last time the more stressed out you’ll be if you don’t see the same results. Just take it easy, try and relax and let the meds and your brain do it’s thing. If it worked for you before it’ll most likely work for you again, it just might take a little longer the second time. Good luck! P.S try reading a book it really helps me to relax even if it’s just for an hour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts