Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I like have everything fear of existence, space and diseases. It might started with weed or a bad lsd trip. Im not taking any drugs now. Im also fear that i can never go out with my friends and drink alcohol again.

Is it reversable?

I also got weird vision and headaches. It got better but is still worse often. I used to get hard panik attacks at beginning now not really anymore just fear.
Also its hard to sleep and when i wake up in bed or lay there i kinda have no feeling in my body so weird.

I try accepting and things people say on yt.

Any tips on how to get the 100% reverse done, like the final step?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi IIIdontknow,

how long has it been since it started?
I got derealization/depersonalization after my first and only anxious ~60ug LSD trip. However, it is very different in intensity from that DPDR I had previously developed due to anxiety and depression. This was at least intermittent and not all day, as it is now. For a little more than half a year I have been experiencing hell on earth almost every day.
You notice yourself that it is getting better. It is the same with me. It seems to me that LSD massively intensifies unconscious fears and brings them into consciousness. I have faced a lot of fears in the past months, let go of / accepted a lot of situations in my life. The biggest progress I have made so far is to let go of everything but myself, to give myself the greatest value and to make sure that there is a fundamental change. If you go deep inside yourself and honestly allow all your feelings, you may find those feelings/problems that burden you the most. This process is possible especially through mindfulness / meditation. I have also started to do this and it has painfully shown me where my problems lie.

In my opinion, your current condition cannot be reversed, but it can be significantly improved by accepting and overcoming your fears. Your perception will definitely return to normal, it just takes patience and time. For me it is the absolute biggest challenge of my life so far.

Many greetings,
Heppi

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

I like have everything fear of existence, space and diseases. It might started with weed or a bad lsd trip. Im not taking any drugs now. Im also fear that i can never go out with my friends and drink alcohol again.

Is it reversable?

I also got weird vision and headaches. It got better but is still worse often. I used to get hard panik attacks at beginning now not really anymore just fear.
Also its hard to sleep and when i wake up in bed or lay there i kinda have no feeling in my body so weird.

I feel your pain I fear exsistence and space and I overthink so much I can’t even function when I start thinking about the infinite space and how am I here on this planet. If you find out any tips to make it easier or is it reversible please let me know I been trying to find answers. I always got anxious from weed I would overthink and scare myself and now I don’t do drugs or barely drink and I feel like that anxious feeling I got from weed never really left. Some days are easier usually in these days I’m working very busy. If I have more time on myself I panic it happens a lot when I’m around too many people or when I’m driving and I look on the road and it seems like I’m just watching this from little screen aka my eyes and I can’t believe what is going on. I used to be very confident and I didn’t really think lol if that makes sense and now I overthink everything possible I make up scenarios in my head that aren’t even real and I scare myself even more. I question everything happening. Idk where I’m going with this but I hope one day we will all recover because living this way isn’t fun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel your pain I fear exsistence and space and I overthink so much I can’t even function when I start thinking about the infinite space and how am I here on this planet. If you find out any tips to make it easier or is it reversible please let me know I been trying to find answers. I always got anxious from weed I would overthink and scare myself and now I don’t do drugs or barely drink and I feel like that anxious feeling I got from weed never really left. Some days are easier usually in these days I’m working very busy. If I have more time on myself I panic it happens a lot when I’m around too many people or when I’m driving and I look on the road and it seems like I’m just watching this from little screen aka my eyes and I can’t believe what is going on. I used to be very confident and I didn’t really think lol if that makes sense and now I overthink everything possible I make up scenarios in my head that aren’t even real and I scare myself even more. I question everything happening. Idk where I’m going with this but I hope one day we will all recover because living this way isn’t fun.
I have the exact same thing. It started with a panic attack in the night but might be triggered from weed too.
Its kinda better now i dont have panic attacks anymore but things still seem unreal. I learned tho with watching videos instead of trying to avoid it. I just hope the like layer and weird vision will get back to how it was. What helps me is to think, what is known that this is your normal response to danger from a primal standpoint, say there is a predator. Somehow its seems permanent tho. I try to think when its horrible since its sometimes better sometimes not, that "there is no anxiety or fear since there is no threat"
Important is the threat somehow for me.

i hope i can recover fully so it wont feel unreal anymore. It will for sure get better but we will see if it someday fades away.
Wish you the best to i think we will make it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi IIIdontknow,

how long has it been since it started?
I got derealization/depersonalization after my first and only anxious ~60ug LSD trip. However, it is very different in intensity from that DPDR I had previously developed due to anxiety and depression. This was at least intermittent and not all day, as it is now. For a little more than half a year I have been experiencing hell on earth almost every day.
You notice yourself that it is getting better. It is the same with me. It seems to me that LSD massively intensifies unconscious fears and brings them into consciousness. I have faced a lot of fears in the past months, let go of / accepted a lot of situations in my life. The biggest progress I have made so far is to let go of everything but myself, to give myself the greatest value and to make sure that there is a fundamental change. If you go deep inside yourself and honestly allow all your feelings, you may find those feelings/problems that burden you the most. This process is possible especially through mindfulness / meditation. I have also started to do this and it has painfully shown me where my problems lie.

In my opinion, your current condition cannot be reversed, but it can be significantly improved by accepting and overcoming your fears. Your perception will definitely return to normal, it just takes patience and time. For me it is the absolute biggest challenge of my life so far.

Many greetings,
Heppi
Same for sure my biggest challenge and i went through alot but this is really hell. It for sure gets better but sometimes its hard and sometimes its kinda away and when it is im like looking at things and everything still seems unreal. My anxiety got less but im like in a threshold where I dont know if this unreality feeling will fade.

What meditation do you listen to?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the exact same thing. It started with a panic attack in the night but might be triggered from weed too.
Its kinda better now i dont have panic attacks anymore but things still seem unreal. I learned tho with watching videos instead of trying to avoid it. I just hope the like layer and weird vision will get back to how it was. What helps me is to think, what is known that this is your normal response to danger from a primal standpoint, say there is a predator. Somehow its seems permanent tho. I try to think when its horrible since its sometimes better sometimes not, that "there is no anxiety or fear since there is no threat"
Important is the threat somehow for me.

i hope i can recover fully so it wont feel unreal anymore. It will for sure get better but we will see if it someday fades away.
Wish you the best to i think we will make it out.
And somehow too i got that space feeling after watching instellar which made it much more intense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Is it reversable?

Hi,

Is it reversable?

Hallo
Mir geht es etwa gleich so, ich hatte einen Badtrip und am nächsten Tag ging es mir wieder gut und eine Woche später hatte ich in der Nacht die ganze Zeit Panikattacken und seit dem habe ich DP und diese ständige Angst, dass so bleiben wird.
Ist es bei dir schon besser geworden?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hallo
Mir geht es etwa gleich so, ich hatte einen Badtrip und am nächsten Tag ging es mir wieder gut und eine Woche später hatte ich in der Nacht die ganze Zeit Panikattacken und seit dem habe ich DP und diese ständige Angst, dass so bleiben wird.
Ist es bei dir schon besser geworden?
War bei mir eins zu eins gleich die panick attacken bei mir sind weg aber das unreale gefühl ist noch da.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts