Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Didn't you just ask this yesterday? Why is it that you think your going to lose your memory ? I've never seen a recovery story where someone said they lost their memory.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apologies. Maybe I didn't put the question right, I meant: Will I forget everything I experienced while under DP/DR? I don't know how it was for everyone else, but in my case these two were always linked. I can't separate the two. I never could. I see the two as one. So by my thinking, when I get cured I won't know anything about the real world(anything that happened while in this mental state), just like I won't know anything about how DP felt. This Jayden, is why I think I'm going to lose my memory, because of Derealization.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You actually do forget what happened while you had dp but it's only temporary. Atleast that' s how it went for me. I recovered after a week and a half thr first time I got dp. I remember that when the dp came on I couldn't remember my life before dp. Then when the dp went completely away, I felt totally like my old self and couldn't remember anything that happened during dp. Here I am, 3 years later and I can now remember everything. I got dp again 2 weeks after recovering and I can't remember most of the first 2 years. It's like it all lives in a dark cloud. But I know that it will come back again one day.
Btw, I cannot remember what bad dp felt like. I've recovered so much I only have mild dr now and I think back and know I was suffering but I can't remember what it felt like.

·
Registered
461 Posts
it would actually be refreshing as hell if i just sanpped out of it and couldnt remeber any of it i do have some fun memories tho since my time of having dp. Also I havent wasted anytime so i dnt feel like the 10 months ive had dp is a waste.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.