Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do you think this is so hard to beat. Do you think it's because we keep dwelling on it and coming back to this site?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi
It's not really hard to beat if you deal with the underlining reason for it starting
Mines from an anxiety disorder fueled by health issues
Even people that get dissociation from severe trauma as a child can get better , with intense therapy which can take a long time but they also can get well again .

I think you have a very good point coming on this site and dwelling on this will 100 % make it hang around or make it worse , its the same as any other anxious type action , the more we dwell on it the more our mind zones in on it and it becomes all we think about BAM its an obsession.

Now yes people go away and come back and say even if they keep busy and not come here it still hasn't gone away ! But did they deal with the main reason why they got dr dp ? Dont think so .

·
Registered
59 Posts
its so hard to beat because its permanent. Its a malfunction in the brain that is not understood by any medical community in the world. There is a reason so many people here have had it 24/7 for decades.

·
Contributor
231 Posts
its so hard to beat because its permanent. Its a malfunction in the brain that is not understood by any medical community in the world. There is a reason so many people here have had it 24/7 for decades.
its permanent yet most people recover from it?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Reactor i get that you are pissed of ,
Dealing with dp dr is hard
But your comment is so wrong people come on here for advice some help
That type of commemt could be dangerous to desperate people !
We all can get better or at least get to a point that it will not bother you as bad , weather thats with meds or not
I've seen a couple of your reply comments and they are so negative
Yes I get pissed of to but I never come on here and tell people that its for life this shit

Dp isn't for life .....

·
Registered
568 Posts
People that have did get well again even after the most severe traumas in life
It's like telling some one with cancer ' your stuffed you will not beat this !
Wrong right ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One more question have any of you ever dealt with a really sensitive fore head or head in general? Like it hurts to touch?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes not on my face but around my scalp with me its from tight muscles , you could maybe have tight muscle from anxiety and it will cause tender spots
I have that around my neck and shoulders also , anxiety can cause so many different symptoms

1 - 13 of 13 Posts