Depersonalization Support Forum banner

why is our world going to hell?

795 Views 25 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  ghost
Im about ready to give up reading the news. Everything I read recently is so depressing. Why is the world going to hell?
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Too kind.

Although I'm not really a philosopher, in any sense of the word. I'm rather loath towards indulging philosophy. Apart from making me dizzy, I can't really see how (apart from - perhaps, the philosophy of mathematics and logic) it really applies to anything. Like Mr I. Newton said, Poetry and Philosophy are very nice and dandy...but what do they DO? I guess they are usefull to study, however, much like Law and Latin, for precision of thought.

Anyway, that's just my 'view' of humanity, or rather humans as a species. Although the 'humans as tumour' thing is only an analogy, I can't but help and see the similarities between us on our planet, and a tumour, or perhaps a fast breeding parasite on an apple. Who can really hope to know though.

The 'Selfish Gene' is a title of a book by Richard Dawkins. The idea behind it is basically that we are doomed by our 'selfish' genes to continue to replicate, in spite of ourselves.
See less See more
G
Martinelv said:
Too kind.

Although I'm not really a philosopher, in any sense of the word. I'm rather loath towards indulging philosophy. Apart from making me dizzy, I can't really see how (apart from - perhaps, the philosophy of mathematics and logic) it really applies to anything. Like Mr I. Newton said, Poetry and Philosophy are very nice and dandy...but what do they DO? I guess they are useful to study, however, much like Law and Latin, for precision of thought.

Anyway, that's just my 'view' of humanity, or rather humans as a species. Although the 'humans as tumour' thing is only an analogy, I can't but help and see the similarities between us on our planet, and a tumour, or perhaps a fast breeding parasite on an apple. Who can really hope to know though.

The 'Selfish Gene' is a title of a book by Richard Dawkins. The idea behind it is basically that we are doomed by our 'selfish' genes to continue to replicate, in spite of ourselves.
I'm not having kids, because I wouldn't look after them. I'd ABUSE them, the same way my Parents abused me.
Does Ghost have the selfish gene?

The Human race IS a tumour. Call it ignorance.

I think Marilyn Manson said, that the most IMPORTANT thing at the moment is that high school kids have access to ALOT of information (Academically speaking), so that we go out into the world educated, able to think, and intellectual.

I think He's right. High School's all over the world would start a "new age" of prosperity if all the cocky kids started having access to education. The syllabus now seems to be very limiting intellectually and narrow in it's indulgence (?)
Is it true that in some states in America, it's illegal to teach Evolution in some schools ? I've heard rumours of this, but couldn't believe it. Actually, thinking about it, i can believe it, but still...

Freedom of religion, or freedom from religion ? I can never be sure.
dunno if its illegal martin, but i went to a private christian academy, and our science class was all about creation. that was the worst class by far, they just couldnt answer any of my questions and i was labled a troublemaker. i actually renounced my christianity in that class and havent looked back since.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.