Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Honestly it's like .. your seeing the truth? Not that stuff is not real.. but now that I think of it.. everything is technically "touching." Like when I had the vision it seemed depth perception was significantly altered and everything was super HD in a bad way, contrasts around people were terribly vivid. Even without dr, everything is touching? Whose to say when someone's standing 6 ft from a wall they aren't actually like paper on a wall? Why does normal vision understand it's not even though it technically makes more sense the dr version. Also everything is technically 2D, because we never see the 3D sides of stuff. For example, when someone is standing sideways you don't see both sides of their face , Just one side, making it 2D. Everything is 3D bc it's our dimension, but we technically only see 2D as in as only see one angle flatly of what's in front of us. Any opinions on this?

·
Registered
143 Posts
You should ask yourself : we receive light from objects through our eyes and at the back of our brain ,the image is constructed ,is there any other way we could see without the eyes and the vision center in the brain ?
If there was some other mechanism ,we would again ask why is it that way ,you would end up with endless why's.

Now you would have 3 choices to believe in :

1. There is a god who constructed it that way

2. Evolution developed it that way

3. I dont believe in anything

Remember that science is also limited and scientists never know the full picture

·
Registered
174 Posts
No one really see's true reality as such, your eyes arent like a direct camera feed to your brain, more like tools to gather information that your brain uses to construct its own picture of reality. So your brain has a lot of leeway to influence what you think you see, and how you perceive your reality.

Maybe with us the brain is somehow more aware of its construction of its own reality, in that intense inward looking self analysing way we tend to have.For me, when things are bad I feel more and more disconnected form what I see, to the point where it feels like I'm blind, even tough I can obviously still see.

·
Registered
143 Posts
No one really see's true reality as such, your eyes arent like a direct camera feed to your brain, more like tools to gather information that your brain uses to construct its own picture of reality. So your brain has a lot of leeway to influence what you think you see, and how you perceive your reality.

Maybe with us the brain is somehow more aware of its construction of its own reality, in that intense inward looking self analysing way we tend to have.For me, when things are bad I feel more and more disconnected form what I see, to the point where it feels like I'm blind, even tough I can obviously still see.
The brain plays the biggest final role in construction what the eyes see.Otherwise drugs would affect a human the way they do like in LSD for example.

We can imagine it as if we put a virus inside the processor which gives out a scrambled result.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts