Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else feel like this condition kinda evolves over time? Ive gone through so many different feelings that i either powered through that didnt show up again or some that resurface. An example is not having a connection to myself in the mirror. Thats mainly gone away but it comes back very lightly when everything gets overwhelming again but ive been through the worst of it mirror wise. I also used to be plaugued with existential thoughts and now those have finally lifted, at least for the time being since i guess theyve lost importance to me now since they went nowhere. Its like theres stages of different feelings and its a constant cycle. Right now i am constantly feeling disconnected from myself, mainly my physical self, like im floating and im not in control of my actions and a wierd warped detatchment from everything like im super zoned out but it gets worse every 30 minutes or so where i think everythings a dream or im not really here. God this sucks and its unrelenting.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I know its scary its like o ask my self whats next ?? Am i getting better ?worse?and it scares me to dead ...confusion scares me and memory issues are the worse ????

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hate it so much. Its like this never ending limbo of scary feelings. Sometimes im so confused i dont even know if ive felt a certain feeling before cause it all feels brand new once it hits again. Ive found writing it all down helps sometimes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nah for me it’s completely different. It always feels the same.. You should be glad that it changes, because I’m stuck in a fog ever since i got it. Like i just lost the connection to my physical self and it hasn’t really resurfaced since

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think this is more common than we might think at first, because Ive actually felt this exact same feeling for years now and every once in awhile Ill think of it again. Ive also heard at least one other person mention this same thought/feeling many years ago. Its always a constantly changing and evolving experience. Its like you’re living two different lives or realities. The real “old” one and this “other” thing oddly attached to it running alongside it at the same time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im so glad im not alone. Like i wish it wasnt happening to anyone but its comforting to know others feel the same. I know its different per person. Its like a feeling of being dragged along in some experiance you have no control over. My own perception when i look around constantly feels new and wierd yet its always been the same feeling of just feeling unfamiliar and foreign

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes, it keeps fluctuating, which is perhaps one of the most painful things about it because it prevents me from ever getting used to it. If it were constant, then it would most likely fade into the background, to some degree at least. Occasionally, I feel better and not completely crippled by DR (and brain fog to varying degrees), but soon enough it always relapses back to its old state and slams me right back into the ground. These past couple of days have been nothing short of devastating.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah! It totally sucks! Everytime i think ive gotten over this or a particular feeling and think "i understand it now, its dumb and i shouldnt be afraid", ill feel myself sink back into that mindset and im afraid again wondering whats happening and why and think "why cant i just feel normal??"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts