Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has here somebody of you this surreal phänomene...and how is that for you...how can you cope with that

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes I have it. Emotional numbness is a classic depersonalization symptom. Coping is hard but I’m looking to start medication.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure a lot of people here have numbing...but my question was meant how they recognize the numbing...and has somebody of you that in the way that thoughts not go in resonance with metabolism and emotions

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thoughts trigger no metabolism? What? Metabolism is something that runs independent of one's thoughts.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that not true...when you get a panic attack because of dangerous thoughts you feel adrenalin in your nervous system and you get nervous, higher pulse etc....this is clear caused by that thoughts and not independently...so you find a lot of body sensations when have positive or negative thoughts

·
Registered
343 Posts
that not true...when you get a panic attack because of dangerous thoughts you feel adrenalin in your nervous system and you get nervous, higher pulse etc....this is clear caused by that thoughts and not independently...so you find a lot of body sensations when have positive or negative thoughts
Okay, and this doesn't happen to you? How do you know it's not just a case of not being in a situation that would warrant such a physiological response? Let's see you receive a text message from an unknown number that says you're going to die in an hour and then monitor your heart rate and blood pressure.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
since i am in this disorder i had situations where i got before the disorder anxiety or panic attacks...i drove through red traffic and nothing happend for example.i have no longer anxiety/nervousness for "worldy things"..i know how i react before...i was for a lot of situations emotional very sensible due to thoughts...

·
Registered
742 Posts
Metabolism is not relevant here, as it makes nothing. If an area in the brain is inhibited there will be a low metabolism and other areas are likely hyperactive, it will be high. Emotional numbing is likely by a fronto-limbic inhibition. Several areas in the prefrontal cortex is overactive in supressing emotions -particularly Anxiety and the cost is emotional numbing to all feelings . So, the amydala that is center for Anxiety and the limbic system for emotion will be inhibited by areas of the prefrontal cortex. So, there will be a high metabolism in the prefrontal cortex to make this inhibition of emotion. Now, "Runtome" have asked about emotional numbing for over a year. I have replied him 3.times and he then asks again.so, he don`t read the reply. One can hope he reads 10-20% of ones writes. But, it is the same question, as always, just with the word metabolism added to the question he asks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Now, "Runtome" have asked about emotional numbing for over a year. I have replied him 3.times and he then asks again.so, he don`t read the reply. One can hope he reads 10-20% of ones writes. But, it is the same question, as always, just with the word metabolism added to the question he asks.
Same theme as some individuals have with the solipsism stuff.

Reactions: Mayer-Gross
1 - 9 of 9 Posts