Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problems is when the anxiety hits you from nowhere... Like you have DP & you panic & have feelings of dread automatically because everything is so surreal. Not sure what people are thinking, lol... I think it's much more biochemical than psychological, especially since it hits you out of nowhere.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anxiety (and all disorders) need to be hit from all sides, you can't just magically think yourself out of an anxiety disorder or everyone would do it

1. Lifestyle changes (exercise, better diet, sleep routine & hygiene, frequent socializing, hobbies for stress relief)

2. Therapy (either DIY or by therapist, therapists are extremely helpful)

3. Medication if needed to do step 1 and 2, but personally medication is a last resort for me

·
Registered
143 Posts
Agreed nicewon. Nothing will ever change my mind about that. Antibiotics gave my "dp" it changed my life forever here I am suffering everyday including physical symptoms. Benzos and ssris are another reason to blame. I feel sorry for those who are brain washed by doctors saying is a trauma bullshit. Sometimes it could take a couple months after taking medication for " dp " to hit. Any way everyone has their own opinion this is just mine.

·
Registered
631 Posts
DP, like any so-called "mental illness", is not a unitary phenomenon. "It" has a variety of different causes and is experienced differently by probably everyone that has it. In other words, there are probably as many forms of DP as there are people who have DP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts