Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have said this many times over the years. Sometimes we cannot find the warmth from those around us so we search for somewhere to find understanding and kindness. Sometimes the world can feel like a very cold place especially if you are suffering from an illness. Coming in out of the cold could mean coming to a place like this, a place where everyone knows how it feels to suffer. We all are unique and we all have our own special way of expressing how we feel and what we feel about things in life. There will be times we will be upset over something someone said or we may feel good about what someone has said, exchanging thoughts is what it is all about. Not always will we all agree on different things and that is okay. I as a member of this group would like to say we are a good group of people who work hard at helping each other and that is what life is all about.

GEM.

G

·
Very well said, Gem.

And hey, it's MUCH harder to love our family, spouses, and close friends, lol...if we can't love our internet pals (comfortably ensconced far away from us), there's little hope.
grin,
Janine

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Heh I saw a in a book by some Rabbi woman: "It's much easier to love humanity than it is to love your own family." (it was a part of the book that ordered you to give tzedakah [charity] to your family first before giving it to strangers...very hard to do huh! Because you feel morally righteous in why you hate your family possibly because they hurt you! Damn pride...what a bugger)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts