Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since getting DR I feel really weird about my emotions and I dont know how to handle them. Like for example right now I think I feel happy or inspired or something? And I literally want to go to the hospital because I think I'm having some sort of catastrophic brain event or losing my mind because I don't understand these feelings lmao. I know it's absurd; imagine walking into the ER and telling them you want to admit yourself for feeling too positive. But for some reason it triggers terrible anxiety in me. Any advice for this? Or anybody who can relate?

·
Administrator
1,413 Posts
OUR DEEPEST FEAR

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?” Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

By Marianne Williamson

·
Registered
153 Posts
Holy shit same. I thought it was just me. I will admit based on how you describe it I dont think I have it as bad. I dont think my brain has malfunctioned. but I feel like the only explanation for any positive feelings I have is that im so disconnected from myself that im in some illusory emotional state that doesnt even belong to me, like the emotions dont feel authentic

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is interesting and i sort of relate. I would always "selfsabotage" when i felt good/things were okay for a while.
This probably isnt just some random thing but you might addociate happyness with unsafety.
Maybe something really bad happened unexpectedly when things were good/you were happy.
So your brain now anticipates smth like that happening again.
For me it was my parents splitting up when i was a kid

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

Could it be, that happiness is a feeling, rather than a thought or something cognitive that can be thought through and rationalized?

And since fear and anxiety have much to do with thinking, analyzing and calculating risks, problems, issues and looking for a solution, the moment happiness and the feeling of being content come up, the overthinking part of the mind simply gets startled when it cannot think and logically rationalize through that feeling?

Sorry for the awfully long sentences ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts