Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
So here's a question that I get asked, how do you know when you're recovered?

I've taken my first trip out of state since deeming myself recovered, I did it today actually. I drove 3 hours by myself to my home state, had a job interview, went to lunch with my mom and sister, and am now staying the night with my best friend. All of these things had me worried this time last night, but the difference is that it was only nervousness and it didn't manifest into anything.

Had I not been recovered, that dp would have followed me all the way to my interview, it would have made me panic when asked the simplest of questions. I would have been so nervous the entire day that I wouldn't have eaten when I was at the restaurant with my mom, and I would be very antisocial once I got to my friends house.

That was not the case today.

Dp makes you fear the silliest things because you feel out of control. Even things like talking on the phone can be very difficult. Recovery gives that all back to you. I'm having a great time even though I'm here for interviews for my upcoming life change. Recovery gives you that piece of confidence that everything works out how it should.

I've got to get to bed, another interview in the morning, but best wishes to you all.

10.jpg

Leah87
Feb 28 2017 01:05 AM

Thanks a lot, I wonder if I can have your WhatsApp or Skype? I would like to have contact with you🙏🏼🙂 ❤

1 - 1 of 1 Posts