Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

i was wondering if any of you guys have a specific routines or exercices as far as grounding techniques goes.

i feel like this could probably get me back in touche with my emotion wich is my main issue.

but i don't really know where to start.

so please share your experience or advice

you're welcome

·
Registered
218 Posts
We did this in my support group today.

We traced our hand (you wouldn't need to do that). Just assign each of your 5 senses (sight, sound, smell, taste, touch) to each of your fingers. ie. pinky=sight. Then think of a thing that you would like to associate with each sense. Then when you are out and about or wherever you can look at each of your fingers and think about what you assigned to each sense. I though it was kinda cool.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I find touching things is very useful, especially while I'm walking. Leaving the movie theater is always a rough transition for me, so I run my hand along the wall and just concentrate on the touch and sound of it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We did this in my support group today.

We traced our hand (you wouldn't need to do that). Just assign each of your 5 senses (sight, sound, smell, taste, touch) to each of your fingers. ie. pinky=sight. Then think of a thing that you would like to associate with each sense. Then when you are out and about or wherever you can look at each of your fingers and think about what you assigned to each sense. I though it was kinda cool.
I find touching things is very useful, especially while I'm walking. Leaving the movie theater is always a rough transition for me, so I run my hand along the wall and just concentrate on the touch and sound of it.
nice, heard to that using your senses is a good way to go, does this helps you guys feeling in touch with your emotion?

This one is pretty nice to get in touch with emotions.
thanks for this i'll try it out before sleep

also did an exercise with my psychologist (kind of specialized in DP) where he told me that breathing by the nose equals control whereas breathing by the mouth was more about freeing emotion.

so we did an exercice where i had to breath by the mouth, inhale and exhale without pauses, so that it creates a flow. and to accentuate the release in the exhale. did can help me getting back in touch with my emotion

·
Registered
18 Posts
nice, heard to that using your senses is a good way to go, does this helps you guys feeling in touch with your emotion?
I don't get the robot-y emotion thing that a lot of people here do very often (part of why I'm very cautious in how I label myself). I tend to end up on the other end of the spectrum much more often, if I get to "don't open dead inside" the only thing that makes it better is sleep and sex, in that order.

And then pancakes. Pancakes solve so many things.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Walking with bare feet on grass or sand has always been beneficial for me. A couple of the mudras that incorporate movement of all fingertips has also been helpful, feeling my pulse when fingertips touched was a really useful one when I was younger.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think connecting to the body is in first place, and then to emotions.

Find it also good to connect to emotions through their feeling in the body.

So the body becomes the center of your awareness and you feel more balanced and centered.

So everything that involves the body is good of course.

So when you think of it so much of the way we love and feel loved comes through touch,

Much more then through the other senses.

I like to listen to meditations and talks of Ajhan sucitto on dharmaseed

He emphasizes and explanes about the connecting to the body and feeling centered in it.

Takes a lot of practice of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts