Depersonalization Support Forum banner

what to do?

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  ZiggomatiX 
#1 ·
okay, I have a question. Everyone says that to get rid of dp/dr you have to focus outwards and do stuff. But whenever I do something, I just keep thinking that "if I was okay, I'd enjoy doing this, now I don't, oh how fun this would be if I was okay". Same goes with people, I used to be interested in them but now I think "oh, they're so boring, I know they are not boring in reality, why can't I live in reality, I'd make so many friends" and so on. I'm most happy when I'm alone doing nothing because then I don't get any depressing thoughts. So what to do?

#2 ·
i do the same...

i have been focusing outward as much as i possibley can over the last 2-3 months especially...

but i still cannot connect to reality or to myself for even 5 minutes.

but then again i am still self monitoring to a certain extent...

but i remember self monitoring when i felt normal but it did not bother me and i had an anxiety problem then. but then i did not question my existance...and if i did i discarded the thought...and i still felt like me.

hmmm just feel odd. i hate it.

#3 ·
Maria.....i too have them thoughts...when i first got this i constantly had "people are all morons" going through my head.....then it hit me that i am a person too, that really freaked me out..... i have avoided the outside world for too long because of this, so believe me try to keep on seeing people like you use too, noone can read your mind....just try to act interested even if the thoughts are racing dont make yourself into a recluse its even harder to adjust back to reality even though i really dont know what that is any more.......the thoughts will lessen given time, but god knows how long it takes after the thoughts for reality to come back.....i am still waiting......still scared sh*tless

G
#4 ·
For myself, I knew I had to embrace this altered reality. I had to feel comfortable in it and be at peace within it, yes this took a lot of mind fucking but I have succeded. I try not to focus on my perception of reality and emerse myself in what I am doing at the moment, however if I do slip into my head and start thinking I feel safe, for I have made this a safe place to exist. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I don't claim it to be easy by any means............I am still amazed I have gotten here................if I can do it, anyone can!!!!! :shock:

G
#7 ·
You told me about this place EONS ago eh? The only thing I can remember is that I can't remember things.

Oh well, i'm in the right place anyway...after the vizzies died down, its nothing but extreme dissociation. :twisted: :oops: :x :shock: :arrow: :roll: :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.