Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is simply exhaustion. Almost always i'm just done man.

All other symptoms are somewhat manageable.

How about you?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Probably the cognitive and existential issues. I wake up every morning (or afternoon) asking myself: "what am I supposed to do now?" And if I do come up with something, I struggle to follow through with it.

There's also the issue of dealing with dealing with a world that has no idea what this is like and therefore is not very supportive. Although I am thankful that, in that regard, my situation is not as bad as it could be. At least my parents don't kick me out and leave me to perish on my own.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The exhaustion and anxiety of this condition.

·
Registered
155 Posts
good question its hard for me to answer this cause theres so many but just not being able to be in the "present". the physical symptoms get to me too, the headaches/headpressure and shortness of breath or feel like i cant breath.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I find this varies for some time to other. in the school year I find my cognitive abilities challenged the worst aspect. I can feel you on exhaustion though. I get exhausted so fast being around people, and for me to reduce this exhaustion I have to be less trying as possible. Less being in the moment and less 'there'; so then, it fucks up my progress with being connected. So I just don't wanna be with people no matter how fun it is or how I actually really need to, and it fucks up my social life and relationships.

If I can find a way "to be here", I can be in control, and if I can be in control I can manage anything and survive. But yep, it all comes down to not being present. Chaos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts