Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a Norwegian girl (excuse my English), who is suffering from borderline, and very strong dp. I am really afraid that I might be psychotic too. This is why. Everybody says that with dp you feel outside your body. I do not feel that way, I feel like I am hidden deep inside my body. Everything, and then I mean everything, even my own thoughts is unfamiliar to me. It feels like "I" am somewhere else, hidden somewhere. This body does not belong to me, this life is not my life. That is how I feel. I feel like there is a "split" inside of me. a separation between "my self" and the person everybody sees. I feel like nobody can understand or see me. I feel like I'm trapped inside myself, banging on a glasswall screaming to get out. It is impossible to explain, even what I have written here does not cover the feeling good enough. I am so scared.

Does this sound psychotic to you? I can't understand how I can "unthink" all this. How can I ever become normal again, after falling so deep into my own thoughts? Im trapped.... help.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nope, doesn’t sound psychotic, but it does sound like DP. I’ve had similar thoughts. It just felt like there’s “me” and then there’s “everybody else”. It’s scary. But you’re not alone.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hi,

I am a Norwegian girl (excuse my English), who is suffering from borderline, and very strong dp. I am really afraid that I might be psychotic too. This is why. Everybody says that with dp you feel outside your body. I do not feel that way, I feel like I am hidden deep inside my body. Everything, and then I mean everything, even my own thoughts is unfamiliar to me. It feels like "I" am somewhere else, hidden somewhere. This body does not belong to me, this life is not my life. That is how I feel. I feel like there is a "split" inside of me. a separation between "my self" and the person everybody sees. I feel like nobody can understand or see me. I feel like I'm trapped inside myself, banging on a glasswall screaming to get out. It is impossible to explain, even what I have written here does not cover the feeling good enough. I am so scared.

Does this sound psychotic to you? I can't understand how I can "unthink" all this. How can I ever become normal again, after falling so deep into my own thoughts? Im trapped.... help.
Does this describe it maybe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_post-traumatic_stress_disorder

1 - 3 of 3 Posts