Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I (f/16) have DP/DR since december, because of a panicattacke. My biggest fear is still that I have/will develope schizophrenia and I'm convinced I do.
Anyway yesterday I lay in bed and something very very strange happend.. it's very difficult to describe this feeling... I knew this feeling (I also felt this way when I was maybe in kindergarden or primary school..) I'm so scared, because I felt so strange.. now I wanns know if someone may feel the sane or if it's "normal" or psychotic...
I lay in bed and suddenly I heard a noise coming from the street, I though - okay now I'm halluzinating. I'm crazy. - In my head the noise got louder and I felt sick and dizzy, like I lost control. I though maybe I got a panic attacke, but I knew this feeling so .... I felt like I was trapped in my head... everything felt endless and I felt so small, like I'm a small atom in a big universe. My thoughts and images in my head felt very far away (like in get out the sunken place) I felt my breath, like I was the breath (weird!) and my nose and my lips felt so strange and .... It was like I don't exist abd everything is over. Like in another dimension or nirvana... Noises seemed loud, I had panic, everything started to spin in my head. My thoughts started to race, spin and oh god... I couldn't stop it until I breathed correctly... I had no control anymore and I fekt thks way before... sometimes it feels like my body is floating or my thoughts aren't in the distance, but rlly close... It's so damn scary and I just wanna know what it is!!
Is this psychotic? It's like you're high and you die and... Everything seems so far away and now my whole life feels like it's not mine and not real and I develop schizo... HELP! What is this weird feeling?

·
Registered
77 Posts
It always makes me feel so much less alone when i read someone perfectly describe some of these feelings...

I dont think thats phychosis, that sounds like dpdr and a panic attack. You can hear weird noises when the feeling starts to build and build from a panic attack, at least in my own experiance. What kind of sound did you hear? It can easily be confused for an actual hallucination but if it only happens when your panicking, its prob just the panic thats doing it.
Also, you said it started to go away when you breathed correctly so i think it was just a very overwhelming panic attack in the midst of dpdr. If it were a phychotic episode, it wouldnt end simply from you calming down, in fact i think phychotic episodes last hours or days whether your calm or not and you arnt really aware of whats going on appearently.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you're right... I asked my sister later and she also said she heard the street, but very quietly.. It seemed like the sound speeded up... Nevertheless this was harmless compared to this feeling I had later..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah everything kinda gets distorted when panic sets in. For me, i get a freezing feeling as well that makes it seem like time has stopped or that im in the process of dying right then and there, its awful and its never something you ever really get used to feeling sadly...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts