Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's not as bad as you think. Believe it or not you can get used to it after a while. You start to see what makes it worse and so become wise to it's ways and the fear of it reduces a lot. I've had it for many years and noticing the dp on bad days does sometimes make me feel a bit sad that I've been unable to shake it after all this time. But there is always the chance it can go away, even after decades of having it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
It's not so bad after some years. You get used to it.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven".

If your illness degrades you significantly, then it can affect your seasons and time

can go by leaving purpose unfulfilled. I wasn't really there for important moments

in my life. In my closest relationships, people never knew me.

I didn't know myself. Eventually, I figured me out, but a lot of water had gone

over the dam.

·
Registered
631 Posts
For me, it depends on whether I'm presently accepting it, as well as what external factors can make it difficult to cope with. When I'm left to my own devices and don't have social pressures to "be normal", I can often just accept it and even at times enjoy the places my mind goes to.

It does get easier though. That doesn't mean it's always easy, it just becomes a part of what it means to be "you", I guess. You adapt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts