Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on this website in a long time and just wanted to ask if anyone on here runs a business?

I set an insurmountable goal for myself that I want to accomplish. I'm starting a business with my buddies and I am terrified of depersonalization coming back and haunting me due to how stress inducing running a business can be. I haven't felt dp in over two years, only trivial bouts of derealization when my stress levels get out of hand.

I will not quit this time, even if I feel dp coming back I will muscle through it. Even if I make any progress I will be happy because many times over the years I allowed dp to dictate and ruin my life. Not anymore.

I just wanted to ask what is everyone's dream?

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
979 Posts
What type of business?

I love business..

Mine: Tour the world as a sound engineer.. work with a charting artist or a few

My personal goal is to get as good as drums as I once was, be in a band that I enjoy again

·
Administrator
1,439 Posts
I have many dreams, being the Myers Briggs personality type INFP, the Archetypal Dreamer.

Some of my dreams are:

1) Writing a popular fantasy novel.

2) Making conscious hip hop music.

3) Traveling the World

I also plan to take over the world, blow up the moon and escape the Matrix.

For now I'm content with working in a new career that I've been preparing for since 2005. That is, I went to two Massage Schools and have finally begun working in the field as a professional. I'm only a week in and my dream now is to make it at least 5 years!

I've been DP'd since 2003 btw.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's awesome! Infp are predominantly writers. Writing for me was so easy, even when I was depersonalized. It helped me escape and immerse myself in the story. Every time I wrote I wouldn't feel dp anymore. I would highly recommend writing to help mitigate it. I haven't had symptoms in two years, other than brain fog but kratom almost instantly alleviates it.

·
Jedi Knight
428 Posts
I also plan to take over the world, blow up the moon and escape the Matrix.
Obligatory

18-SW-MOONBLOW_grande.jpg?v=1447313079

So, I suppose I'd better answer :p

My dream is to have some clarity of mind and mental acuity, and some degree of contentment. What this entails, I'm not exactly sure :p

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
979 Posts
I started a service business such as uber, but for haircuts. And I love music. It always allows me to escape and are you a sound engineer? Or aspiring to be one?
Oh yeah? nice, these come to me services with the internet are going to boom so get in early!

I am a sound engineer, took a career break as I call it, to feel some better and instead of doing nothing, building a small studio to stay sharp, but live sound is my game

·
Registered
251 Posts
Linguistics and Philosophy (yikes). I've always been a deep thinker. Not sure if that contributed to my DP in the first place. An interest in languages, however, have always been at the forefront for me. I"m fascinated by how the smallest units possible can become part of larger units to create meaning. I plan to teach and intrsut and perhaps even translate for people and business. I have some prospects, one of them includes working for the U.N

I've had a rocky road in my life and haven't accomplished much of the goals I set out to do -- and with this DP it just made things harder -- but I'm realizing I can't stop living just because it may not feel like it.

Either that or just explore existence itself and come to peace with the oneness of the universe...lol (kinda not kidding)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.