Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I take Paxil since 1 month, in the morning. It's been only a couple of days since I take 20 mg. I feel very tired all the day. It seem DP less there, again I don't know,, but panick of going crazy is less there. I always feel DR, again, it's less dramatizing. BUT... I dont work for now. I know I still in a fog, helped by meds. I feel good sometimes at home, but when I think I would have to work, I say to myself : I feel so slow, can't work like that! People will notice, I notice too, I feel not quick. I still take a bit of benzo, but will try to slow it down.

Without anything, I would be in a state of panick 24/7. You know.... fear of all, going crazy, very bad DP/DR, obsessions, crying, etc. Now, I don't cry, less DP, maybe less DR, but I feel knocked by the meds. I know I am not in the real world again, but I can't panick like before. I can't cry like before. I feel a bit stoned.

I personaly think it's better than VERY bad DP, but I wonder, if other people her prefer that.... the antidep effects who slow you down (and makes you lethargic), or being in a constant state of fear without meds. (I know that is a silly question).

Just wonder if other people are like me and they are working?

also, do you think taking a med in the night instead make drownsiness less present?

Thanks

Coucouc xxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

I take Paxil since 1 month, in the morning. It's been only a couple of days since I take 20 mg. I feel very tired all the day. It seem DP less there, again I don't know,, but panick of going crazy is less there. I always feel DR, again, it's less dramatizing. BUT... I dont work for now. I know I still in a fog, helped by meds. I feel good sometimes at home, but when I think I would have to work, I say to myself : I feel so slow, can't work like that! People will notice, I notice too, I feel not quick. I still take a bit of benzo, but will try to slow it down.

Without anything, I would be in a state of panick 24/7. You know.... fear of all, going crazy, very bad DP/DR, obsessions, crying, etc. Now, I don't cry, less DP, maybe less DR, but I feel knocked by the meds. I know I am not in the real world again, but I can't panick like before. I can't cry like before. I feel a bit stoned.

I personaly think it's better than VERY bad DP, but I wonder, if other people her prefer that.... the antidep effects who slow you down (and makes you lethargic), or being in a constant state of fear without meds. (I know that is a silly question).

Just wonder if other people are like me and they are working?

also, do you think taking a med in the night instead make drownsiness less present?

Thanks

Coucouc xxx

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hi there CC,

Over the years I have thought of this question frequently. Here is what I personally think. It seems to have helped me get thru the deepest pit of despair.

Yes, I would rather take a med than live in the mental state of lying on the floor crying, willing myself to die and not leaving my home. At this point, I am working on taking the smallest amount of meds that I can.I have worked my way past that lowest of lows (not to say I don't have really bad days). Now, I want to see if I can regain some of the energy that is indeed lost when on the drugs that are used to help us cope with the various symptoms.

Included in here, I feel, should be some form of therapy. By the time we have become dp'd/dr'd, we have worked our minds into quite a frenzy. I feel we need help in sorting out all the things we have thought up and perhaps things we have never dealt with.

Continued success with your battle.
take care,
terri

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hi there CC,

Over the years I have thought of this question frequently. Here is what I personally think. It seems to have helped me get thru the deepest pit of despair.

Yes, I would rather take a med than live in the mental state of lying on the floor crying, willing myself to die and not leaving my home. At this point, I am working on taking the smallest amount of meds that I can.I have worked my way past that lowest of lows (not to say I don't have really bad days). Now, I want to see if I can regain some of the energy that is indeed lost when on the drugs that are used to help us cope with the various symptoms.

Included in here, I feel, should be some form of therapy. By the time we have become dp'd/dr'd, we have worked our minds into quite a frenzy. I feel we need help in sorting out all the things we have thought up and perhaps things we have never dealt with.

Continued success with your battle.
take care,
terri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's me again,

this post is for janine, des and others too!

I just went to the mall, and thought (tried) to think of what I want to buy, drink, etc. I went without "terror". I took my time, took a coffee, shop for my son, for books for myself. even with DR. I felt the DR moment always as I go out the stores, but tried to focus at something else. So it was "there" but I didn't panicked. Back in the car, I realized my afternoon wasn't "terryfing", like sometimes, but I can't say I felt "there", I always felt not really there. It's a constatation. I wonder what to think. I don't feel panick like before, but I can't focus, on reality, or just thought about reality this afternoon. It's boring to live like that. I feel vulnerable.

Does the "present" feeling will come without warning? Maybe I don't do my battle correctly? Maybe I have to live like that until it comes?

I always controled everything in my life. Now I feel I can't control my mind. I hate this. I feel depressed but with Paxil I feel very less depressed than before. It's an improvment.

Cynthia

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's me again,

this post is for janine, des and others too!

I just went to the mall, and thought (tried) to think of what I want to buy, drink, etc. I went without "terror". I took my time, took a coffee, shop for my son, for books for myself. even with DR. I felt the DR moment always as I go out the stores, but tried to focus at something else. So it was "there" but I didn't panicked. Back in the car, I realized my afternoon wasn't "terryfing", like sometimes, but I can't say I felt "there", I always felt not really there. It's a constatation. I wonder what to think. I don't feel panick like before, but I can't focus, on reality, or just thought about reality this afternoon. It's boring to live like that. I feel vulnerable.

Does the "present" feeling will come without warning? Maybe I don't do my battle correctly? Maybe I have to live like that until it comes?

I always controled everything in my life. Now I feel I can't control my mind. I hate this. I feel depressed but with Paxil I feel very less depressed than before. It's an improvment.

Cynthia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts