Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got dp i guess from smoking weed, i think most of it was i was having a melt down then turned to weed and it flipped the switch

anyways, 2 years into this bull

ive read stories on how some people who got dp were like fuck it and kept living life and smoking weed

and eventually got out of the dp

and i talked to a real life friend today, who didnt have dp but like 8 years ago he got into a bad bar fight, got hit in the head with a metal pole

anyways what happened was he went to the hospital, was in like a coma for 2 weeks

he told me after that he had super anxiety, he was like losing his mind, a lot of his symptoms sounded like mine

and they prescribed him ssri's and he said they just made him feel nothingness and it sucked

which i feel that

and he said he just started smoking weed and i guess within time he just felt normal again

he was like saying it just healed the soul or whatever

whatever that balony is

anyways

my dp cant be any worse then it is right now

i literally feel like never talking to people

i feel super depressed

so y not chill out and smoke some weed

im not thinking this is gonna be the cure to everything

but maybe will help lift my mood

and u know fuck it

ive been kinda wanting to smoke weed here and there

life is not forever

so fuck this bull

ima do what i want

like i said im just gonna live life

i aint expecting a cure

ill let yall know if anything happens to me after

peace out yall

·
Registered
26 Posts
I thought the same thing until i actually smoked weed again, twice.

First time, at a party, was drunk, forced into smoking a joint. Took a few hits, and welcome back to panic attack dp land. Took 4 months to get back to where I was after that.

2nd time, hanging out with 6 friends, intoxicated again, pressured into smoking again, only took 2 hits, and acquired severe paranoia, which left after the high went away. Woke up the next day, dpd is 10 times worse, blank mind, and anxiety is back. Took around 4 months to get rid of that one as well.

Don't be stupid like I was, don't smoke again. It's best you keep your mind as aware as possible while you're fighting this disorder. Smoking weed again will only make the dissociation symptoms worse, making recovery harder to achieve. Like I stated above, i almost felt recovered twice, got over confident, fell into pier pressure and smoked again, which fucked me up again.

My advice, don't do it man.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Lol I swear there's a thread like this once every month.. it's legalizing today here in Canada gonna be pot heads everywhere smh. If ur gonna do it make sure your with a friend and in a good mind state and maybe have a few beers to take the edge off I had a puff few weeks ago wasn't as bad as last year when I tried to smoke n lost my mind

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the same thing until i actually smoked weed again, twice.

First time, at a party, was drunk, forced into smoking a joint. Took a few hits, and welcome back to panic attack dp land. Took 4 months to get back to where I was after that.

2nd time, hanging out with 6 friends, intoxicated again, pressured into smoking again, only took 2 hits, and acquired severe paranoia, which left after the high went away. Woke up the next day, dpd is 10 times worse, blank mind, and anxiety is back. Took around 4 months to get rid of that one as well.

Don't be stupid like I was, don't smoke again. It's best you keep your mind as aware as possible while you're fighting this disorder. Smoking weed again will only make the dissociation symptoms worse, making recovery harder to achieve. Like I stated above, i almost felt recovered twice, got over confident, fell into pier pressure and smoked again, which fucked me up again.

My advice, don't do it man.
i actually kinda pussy'd out, i got 3 grams of weed but couldnt smoke it haha

i did smoke weed like a couple of puffs like 5-6 months ago

my dp or dr didnt get any worse, not that i knew of

but i do have this weird side effect

it sounds like its impossible to even happen, like when i explain it to doctors there like

yeah thats impossible

and i swear it isnt

but when i smoked weed

i felt like, if i was near people, i would make them feel weird, just me being next to them

and it sucked, like just my pressence i would make people feel weird and make them uncomfortable and make them seem not themselfs

it really sucked, i was on antiphycotics to make it stop

but im on nothing now and that problem hasnt came back

it did come back for 2-3 days when i tried a anti depressant drug

but anyways

im not scared of the vision or whatever,

im just scared that problem when im around people i make them uncomofrtable will come back

could u imagine?

being around ur family, just making them feel weird

walking into a store and everyone around u is uncomfortable

literally was a living hell

but im debating

i get off work 2marro, and then i have a couple days off

maybe that would be a good time to try it

im super depressed man, and the ssri's i have taken in the past have gave me these crazy ass symptoms

hoping if i try the weed it wont bring it back

xanax use to bring that same problem, but instead of people feeling weird, it made the people i was around angry, like just being in a room my parents would just argue for no reason

i went to walmart and the lady i was talking to was giving me attitude for no reason

i even saw my girlfriend that day later and she was giving me attitude and was trying to argue with me for no reason

i tried telling her what the hell was going on

i just had to leave that day

anyways

i have these crazy ass symptoms and on top of that i never feel like talking, i dont feel like myself

just dont know what to do..

so yeah anyways

ill update what happens later

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah dude, that's the paranoia that you can usually get from smoking MJ. I've had it numerous times even before having dpd, but in my case, it made me feel like everyone thought I was acting wierd or watching me. It'd go away when the high went away. I've asked normal people without dpd about what I've experienced, and some say they get paranoid thoughts like that as well while being high.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have kind of the same thing right now...So frustrating and depressing, yes. I feel like exploding, going insane. But i decided to let it go, really not be in control and be patient. Not so easy at first, it's a habit to create. I'll see what it leads me to, but i think it's a long long time thing. Kind of a 'be brave, be kind to yourself and don't force things' on a long time term.

I think that we force ourselves to feel better, in one way or another and we just end up getting worse. Because that's not natural, and the brain is (even more) like 'i'm out of here'. At least, for me that's the case.

Anyway, i so understand your 'fuck this shit, i'm gonna have fun and forget about this stupid condition' but i would avoid weed, seriously. It's not good for us. I stick to beer, without too abusing it and i never had problems with that. Just let go, be patient and kind to yourself, that's my advice. Take care ;-)

·
Registered
61 Posts
just dont smoke a lot dude. i suggest you pair this with other productive activities, like if you haven't gone outside and socialized or if your health is bad or whatever it is you need to do, just smoke like 1/4 the normal dose. it really helped me get my anxiety under control. but under no circumstance should you smoke like a full joint or bowl, i can speak from experience that it fucked me up for a good week or two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts