Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi all, I haven't been on here in a while but I came on because I wanted to message TDX about something and I found that his profile says "banned" so I can't contact him.

Does anyone know why he is banned and if it is a permanent ban? It's a shame for all of us if he is gone permanently from this site in my opinion. His intelligence and knowledge of dp made me view him as the most helpful person on this site

·
Administrator
942 Posts
It is a shame because he undoubtedly knew a lot about medication and some people appreciated that, unfortunately he posted dangerous material in response to a member who had said they were suicidal. He replied with detailed information on methods of suicide and linked to a suicide site. This was grossly irresponsible and he was completely unapologetic. As this action was potentially life-threatening he received an immediate ban. Member safety is always first priority.

·
Administrator
1,387 Posts
Yes and what I remind myself often is that above all this is a mental health forum. Encouraging and aiding a mentally ill person to the path of suicide is completely unacceptable here, (or anywhere!) We've already lost a handful of members to suicide. In fact, one of my very good friends that I met here back in 2009, took her life in 2017 and today is her birthday. So this hits home for me. It wasn't a personal hit on TDX, as Phantasm agreed to the OPs point that TDX was very knowledgeable and long time member of the forum. Now more than ever we are connected on the internet, don't ever take your words for granted, they may effect REAL LIVES.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.