Depersonalization Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I liked Wreck it Ralph and it's retro-gaming theme.

Saw Wall-e again recently. I think it's really good, and clever too. Plus his relationship with Eva is really touching ^_^

I like Studio Ghibli films aswell.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I like how it was almost like a silent film with no dialogue to start, it's quite satirical, and the love story is really sweet.

Yep, My Neighbour Totoro is definitely a favorite of mine too - of course Spirited Away, and I liked Laputa Castle in the Sky. Howl's Moving castle was good, and Princess Mononoke. There's a real magic about them :)

Not seen The Judge.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I watched Shut In and Incarnate recently, the former slightly better than the latter but Jesus horror movies have really gone downhill. I used to enjoy them, even those that were a little silly. But now they don't even make sense, it's all just loosely thrown together garbage. I'm not even sure how any of these make it to the cinemas lol. I could write a better film fully DP'ed, blindfolded and with one arm tied behind my back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I tend to avoid space dramas (never watched Gravity) vertigo, worst symptom for me! :-o

But saw a David Bowie documentary recently and he said he never wanted to go to space, he'd be terrified, and was scared just walking to his garden gate. Coming from the space oddity himself, I found that strangely reassuring :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm a mum so Frozen, Frozen, Frozen, Frozen and more Frozen.

Trying to get her to watch more films like Beauty and the Beast, Tangled and Secret Life of Pets but she just wants to watch frozen lol.

I saw Fantastic Beasts in the cinema in November which was awesome.

·
Administrator
1,004 Posts
I've not watched any films for ages, but watched a crazy little horror movie last night called Starry Eyes. It had a retro John Carpenter style soundtrack and was pretty vivid and mesmerising, if gruesome!

Also watched a strange film called Aaaaaaaah! Which was mad too. Everyone grunted like apes and it was pretty bizarre and satirical about the veneer of society.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently watched a documentary about the shower scene in Psycho called 78/52.

I liked it, but it did seem a bit too self appreciating near the beginning of it. A bit repetitive at first. The context of the scene from an editing perspective though is pretty genius and I really enjoyed how the movie did a shot by shot break down of the scene.

·
Administrator
1,004 Posts
It is really interesting to see how great scenes were done.

Talking documentaries, I watched Louis Theroux, My Scientology Movie the other day. I hadn't planned to I just got caught up in it as it was really good. There was a great scene where a senior member tried to use mind control to make him go away and he knew exactly what they were doing and wouldn't budge.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts