Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I watched the new Tarzan film. It was okay, but maybe not as gripping as it looked in the trailer.

(They do that don't they, put all the best bits in the trailer!)

Also saw 10 Cloverfield Lane. This was gripping and keeps you guessing. John Goodman puts in a great creepy performance.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well, I haven't been watching any films recently but I'm hoping to rewatch Beasts of the Southern Wild again. Saw it when it was in theaters and I can honestly say that it's one of the best films out there.

Aside from films, I started watching Stranger Things on Netflix today and it's amazing so far.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just watched Numb. Very funny movie for someone who has dp because I have dealt with almost every problem he has dealt with. Although I didn't like the fact that it didn't have a very positive message.

Reactions: Axiom

·
Registered
78 Posts
I watched Escape From New York recently! Set in the dystopian future of 1997.

"Snake Plissken? I thought you were dead" :)
I've watched escape from L.A. That movie was so dumb and so funny, especially the part where he surfs.
I also like the Escape movies because the main character, snake was the base for my favorite video game character, big boss

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I've got Pacific Rim on DVD and seen it a few times. I think I heard they are making a sequel. I read Cloud Atlas, but not seen the movie yet.

Watched Eddie the Eagle the other night! It does follow the formula for these types of movies, but I liked it as a feel good film.

Also watched the new Independence day: Resurgence! Very cool, I remember the impact of the first one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ASM, Guardians is really entertaining with Chris Pratt, and there's a sequel too, is it out yet? Not sure.

Not seen the new Star Trek yet Nomad, hoping to though. Saw Deadpool, I dunno, thought it was ok, was funny!

Doesn't have to be a new film diz, just what you saw recently :) Exorcist is a classic for it's time, but, yeah, I never quite got why it's so acclaimed, but it is pretty iconic.

Most recently watched the Now You See Me films, 1&2, about a team of magicians pulling heists, loved em :) Fresh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been on a classics kick lately. "Top Hat" with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers and an excellent silent film called "Cabinet of Dr Caligari"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will there ever be a sequel to Avatar? I thought there was meant to be more.

I don't think I've seen Source Code, I liked Antman, as it was reminiscent of 50's sci-fi classics

Oh, just watched Jaws, forgot how good it is!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I haven't watched a movie in months, literal months. Probably since the beginning of the year. It's just that anything really got my attention, and the movies of today can be pretty uninteresting/cliche.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hopefully they can finish the maze runner series now that he's no longer in critical condition!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have been going through a massive movie watching binge, i recently watched the departed, amy ( the documentary about amy winehouse). distant voices still lives, do the right thing, boulevard nights, and the girl who lept through time....they were all awesome i must say but probably the most thrilling one was the departed....do the right thing and distant voices stil lives were exceptional aswell

I get a ton of free movie rentals from the t mobile Tuesday app t mobile has were you get a bunch of free things every tuesday and alot of times its free rentals from vudu

·
Registered
22 Posts
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Actually saw this one in theaters... Wasn't that bad.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts