Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Contributor
231 Posts
to be honest, I think for a lot of us its anxiety and repression. I know thats what it is for me.

however once you flip the switch on DP\DR it becomes extremely hard to untangle everything, at least harder than doing it with a normal state of mind. I almost would say with 100% certainty that if I had dealt with my anxiety and repression issues in a healthy way I wouldn't have DP.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to be honest, I think for a lot of us its anxiety and repression. I know thats what it is for me.

however once you flip the switch on DP\DR it becomes extremely hard to untangle everything, at least harder than doing it with a normal state of mind. I almost would say with 100% certainty that if I had dealt with my anxiety and repression issues in a healthy way I wouldn't have DP.
Same I used to deal with my loneliness by coming home after work going upstairs in a dark room and watching youtube or playing video games for hours on end not leaving my room unless I had to use the bathroom or eat. That definetly was not a healthy way of dealing with anything honestly. I just don't know how to reverse it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Love feeds it, and kills it. Then theres stress, anxiety, lack of predictability/controll and overthinking among other things probably. I also think it is completely individual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts