Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

For those of you who aren't working, I was just wondering how you spend your days. It seems to help to keep busy, but sometimes I just can't get myself moving or motivated. I spend alot of time reading, watching tv, and running errands, but it seems like I'm just watching life go by me. I crave some excitement, but I don't know what to do. I feel like a robot.. a ghost..

So how do you spend your days??

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i dont work at the moment,but im not really a tv junkie so that isnt an option for me....i always have a job to do each day in the garden as my dad had a heart attack and he needs all the help he can get,i have created a bit of a routine for myself as i was told to do this to maintain some sort of balance,i suppose i work on the garden,then later walk up the shop to buy a newspaper,do some reading,use the internet for a while,maybe go for a cycle ride,and every evening i go for a walk,and i always make sure i watch at least one film a day..
and i always tell myself that some people are bedbound and dont even have the option to get on a pushbike or go for a walk,it feels very claustrophobic at times but when this happens out for a walk i go

·
Registered
53 Posts
My dp became constant in April and I have been off work ever since. I found it absolutely impossible to continue working in this state. However, i also find it extremely difficult to get through each day whatever i do. When i wake up in the morning i feel so angry that my dp is still there. Usually i watch tv for a few hours, then i get annoyed with myself because i feel that i should be doing something, so i'll go out for a while just walking or to the library,, but going out seems dreadful too.. I really dont know what to do with myself.. I often feel it is pointless doing anything as i am not really experiencing anything anyway. I would like to hear what other people are doing also.. Sorry i cannot offer any help. i have no idea how to deal with this horrible thing. :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i had a job for a while but lost it, i made a big post about that after it happened so i won't get into that. Ive also started taking 4 classes ( which is considered full time) at the local Community College. Im in the process of looking for a new job, but i have been working with my grandfather on his house and have been getting some money for that which is good. Im always writing and working on music and ive been hangin out with one of my friends alot lately, as well as going to the gym about 3, 4 times a week. I try to stay busy, but im often bored. Im not happy with my life right now, but it could be worse. I think i need a girlfriend to........... :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well i'm kind of busy and definatly able to function with DP, i'm going to an HBO college (wich is a high degree in Holland). And I'm always amazed that my capabilities seem to be the same as before i got DP, it's just that it don't feel like they are.
Further I have a girlfriend and a lot of friends to hang out with, so my life is pretty steady, hopefully i'ts not because of paxil cause I want to get of that stuff one day.

·
Registered
413 Posts
i do not work and had to quit college due to anxiety and agoraphobia...

i do art commissions for people and that keeps me busy...

but i find that i feel a bit lost during the days...

just feel like i am livig a fake life or something...just trying to do things t get through the day all the time...

i sometimes go out to see some friends...

to be honest sometimes i will just puely do things to distract myself from feeling like this and then i forget what i have done all day!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
try to keep as busy as poss....just keep goin...
hav just started at uni but dont work for the time being...i have a part-time job that i can go bk to in the hols which is cool.
I don't go out as much as i used to but i still see my good friends and try and keep a routine as best as I can

shadowness.....e-mail some of ur art sounds kewl!!!

ne1 else find they've got a huge explosion of creativeness that comes from this??? or helps them to distract their mind from it????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts