Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think dp and dr sufferers are really analytical intelligent people honestly .. everyone on here seems to think outside the box. I've had every symptom you can think of.. but I'm wondering.. what actually scientifically makes it "unreal"? Is it a sensation? Like when I get 2D vision , why can't it just be 2D vision? Whys it have to be surreal? When I'm out of my body why can't that just feel like my body is weird instead of like I'm not real? Why do visual distortions have to seem so "fake?" I know the disorder itself is to make you feel a sense of your in a dream "defend"us.. but why does the distortions actually make us come to the sensation that it's not real?You know what I mean? Any clever answers from clever sufferers?

·
Registered
143 Posts
feeling unreal has something to do with the biochemistry of your body ,specifically the brain.A human body is like an antenna surrounded by external stimuli ,in your most natural state ,your brain is biochemically in perfect order.

Now when that state changes ,for example in a dissociation ,your brain works different in translating biochemical impulses than in a normal state.Imagine your brain like a radio with an antenna ,to get the best sound you have to tune it into the right frequency ,and so is our brain.Hearing ,seeing ,touching ,all of them act like a signal on our body.Then it is the job of your brain to do the rest ,and depending on the state of the complex structure of the brain ,you will feel the corresponding effect.

In my personal opinion ,the biggest mistake that is made when DR/DP is discussed is the use of the word "real".What is real or reality ? Has anybody on this planet experience unreality to talk about reality ? How can they talk about a thing that needs the opposite of it to be able to describe it ?

What I also would say is that Derealization should be renamed.If we would say that the state of sleep is unreality ,then that disorder should be called "Sleepization".

Did you know that not even the smartest scientists can explain what reality is to even explain what unreality is ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes I am completely recovered from DR.

What i have sometimes under stress is what you are experiencing now ,I would say it is some sort of OCD.But I had OCD since I was a child.

OCD and anxiety I would say are more uncomfortable than DR ,one day you will realize that DR was there to protect you believe me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can actually completely understand that.. it seems after dp and dr I have really ba waves of anxiety and depression that I've never experienced before. Did you get it from smoking weed or other?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts