Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WARNING EXISTENTIAL

I gotta say this DP is one hell of an eye-opener...to all the existential, philosophical topics that may or may not exist.

I have found myself from thinking I was a ghost, to thinking I'm actually in a psych ward, thikning my soul left, to thinking I somehow wandered off too deep into the matrix and believing this isn't reality, and lately, I catch myself thinking that I'm just...over-thinking too much.

Again, this DP is a mental trap of delusions and illusions. My brain doesn't seem to be satisified with just having DP alone, no, it needs answers and since my reasoning isn't 100% right now, it's extrapolating irrational possibilities out of emotions and whacky thought-processes.

I'm starting CBT soon. I'm hoping I can alleviate my anxiety the natural way.

·
Registered
43 Posts
WARNING EXISTENTIAL

I gotta say this DP is one hell of an eye-opener...to all the existential, philosophical topics that may or may not exist.
I have found myself from thinking I was a ghost, to thinking I'm actually in a psych ward, thikning my soul left, to thinking I somehow wandered off too deep into the matrix and believing this isn't reality, and lately, I catch myself thinking that I'm just...over-thinking too much.

Again, this DP is a mental trap of delusions and illusions. My brain doesn't seem to be satisified with just having DP alone, no, it needs answers and since my reasoning isn't 100% right now, it's extrapolating irrational possibilities out of emotions and whacky thought-processes.

I'm starting CBT soon. I'm hoping I can alleviate my anxiety the natural way.
Well, for one I can tell you those aren't crazy thoughts. I'm sure everyone with dr/dp has them and I've thought the same excactly things you're describing plus more. When I got this really euphoric feeling and felt too happy I thought it wasn't ok to feel that way, I started thinking hm maybe it's not so bad maybe I'm in heaven if anything to talk myself out of it. But then my constant fear of going crazy in the back of my mind decided to open up and I started thinking it wasn't ok to think I was in heaven because that's what dillusional and crazy people think but I just want constant confirmation that all these feelings are ok... you'll make it through and we will all be here by your side succeeding too. Positive thinking can get you a long way. I hope you have a fast recovery.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you :-o You're right what you said about positive thinking. Speaking of thoughts, it is really our thoughts that gets us the most. If we can rewire our brain, we can change our thoughts. There is a saying by Ghandi:

"Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny."

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you :-o You're right what you said about positive thinking. Speaking of thoughts, it is really our thoughts that gets us the most. If we can rewire our brain, we can change our thoughts. There is a saying by Ghandi:

"Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny."
Amazing quote! Keep up the positive thinking that's great. If you ever want to know what I do to keep my positive thoughts in my head you can go to my profile and check out my posts in what I do to help my dp/dr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts