Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello future friends! The name's Jake. I'm 24 years old living on the east coast of Florida near NASA with mom and my younger brother.

My 'journey'through Depersonalization / Derealization Disorder began while I was a mormon missionary (the annoying guys with the suit n tie and nametags lol)... This was in 2013.

Now, nearly five years later, my mental state has unfortunately regressed quite a bit.

In the last 18 months I have been diagnosed with Bipolar, Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorder, OCD, and Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder...

These things combined with complications from a concussion I had in late september have made my life 'interesting'...

Aside from anxiety, the Depersonalization and Derealization effect my life the most.

My Derealization Symptoms: Time is warped, Consequences feel unimportant and not real, the world feels fabricated or 'dreamlike'.

My Depersonalization symptoms: I feel like I am no longer my real self or who I used to be, memories feel completely foreign as if they never really happened, each morning I wake up as if I am in someone else's life with their memories, their family, and their life stresses...

OTHER Symptoms related: My short term memory has started to fade a bit. Nothing too alarming but still very noticeable to me and those around me...

These are my symptoms, my background, and a bIt about my life. You'll find I am 110% open about my life, feelimgs, 'secrets' etc.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I am totally open, but I have ALL those "Bipolar, Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorder, OCD, and Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder"

FOR ME, turned out yeah depression was a thing for years, but Bipolar eventually got ruled out after 8 medications including Lithium and the rest fell into just DP, so you may or may not have all these, but from talk to many and a little bit of experience, they all over lap massively for someone to just give you 7 things... well i'd open as a lot of medication the same helps these all, but i also would not jump to believe it.

If you truly have these bipolar is the first thing you need to get under control, if you fail to see a different from any of the 4 major medications i'd seriously question it.. it's a spectrum, anyone i've ever met could hit the criteria, it depends on how the person see's you, their opinion, it's no science, i've been the whole 9 yards and many friends.

My advice is take it one step at a time. Bipolar, Depression, DP.... anxiety, panic and ocd are very similar, if you can treat the DP these should be treated with it.

I don't for a second think this is 7 things, 2 at a push.

Bipolar - causes depression, know to cause anxiety, anxiety creates panic disorder, OCD is supposedly a anxiety symptom, DP/DR is also thought as an anxiety disorder (for many). Even if you think of DP as a separate thing, that's only two. Many people i know with Bipolar have DP.

I've seen 7 p docs and every one has a completely different diagnoses and my 3 doctors surgeries all did too, so that's 10 different opinions with no one agreeing, which makes you realise, symptoms overlaps and it's opinion based, i've heard so many different opinions that it made me realise they don't have any idea

1 - 2 of 2 Posts