Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm just wondering if anybody else on here has experienced this, or if this is just part of my personality, and not related to dp/dr. I've noticed that I don't really laugh at most things that people find funny. I hardly ever laugh at jokes, no matter how good they are, and tv shows and movies hardly make me chuckle. I just fake laugh when I'm around other people so they don't think I'm a psychopath or something. It's kinda hard to explain, but I only ever laugh at real situations. Like when someone falls over unexpectedly, (truly unexpectedly falls over, not fall over on purpose to be funny), or when someone says something funny and has no idea how funny they sound. Also, I can just sit alone in my room and think about funny situations in my head and laugh out loud really hard and entertain myself for a long time. I'm aware that this is unusual behavior and I probably look like a madman so I only do that when I'm alone. Anybody who knows me would never guess I'm like that since I'm pretty good at masking my odd tendencies and looking like a normal guy to everyone else. Is anyone else like this or is it just me?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have a weird sense of humour which is mostly making absurd or stupid remarks. Maybe my love for monty python's flying circus has something to do for that. But I'm always looking for unexpected funny things to say to people. It's hard for me to be a serious for a prolonged length of time. I don't know if that's an effort to distract from my dp or depression or what. I just want to be funny around people and make them laff and like me. After a funny moment with people and everyone was laffing, I'll tend to replay that scene over and over again in my mind even when I'm doing other things. And when I do this I tend to smile and laff to myself alot which some people have noticed and asked me what's so funny. But I come up quick with a reasonable explanation of something that just happened. I know, it sounds bizarre too, Maybe it's an ocd thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.