Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1-2 weeks ago i was obsessed about the fact that we are people and we are controlling bodies and stuff like that.

now i am obsessed with my devices. i feel like a robot when using my phone and my computer.

im no longer experiencing visual symptoms (barely some visual fog sometimes when im anxious).. i used to feel detached but now im closer to reality than ever, but i have these weird obsessions.

is this even DP or...?

will they pass and i wont be obsessed with anything after im cured?

i never used to be like this before!! and its driving me nuts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Obsession is a very common symptom of Depersonalization. You aren't alone.

Whenever I recovered, I noticed that my obsession did lessen to a tolerable amount. Although, this may be more indicative of general anxiety than just Depersonalization.

In any case, it does get better. Something my old therapist told me was to curb my obsessive thinking by stopping the thoughts as they come through.

When you get a thought like that, say out-loud that it is an obsessive thought and isn't correct. Then focus on something else.

Doing this every time it happens will slowly start to break you away from that train of thought. It'll be hard at first, but I can attest that it helped me a lot (and still does today).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts