Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
(Warning: I'm talking about death. It may trigger your anxiety, so be careful. Read at your own risk. Thank you.)

Hello! I know I don't post too much anymore, but that's because I don't like to spend a lot of time here, it isn't good for me at all.
Anyway, my grandma died recently. My DP and panic attacks have increased so much, and life has such a weird feel to it. If anyone has advice in how to deal with death with DP, I'd be very grateful.
I have cried so much about her in the past few days.

After my grandma's death, I spend my time checking my heart to see if I'm not dying or something...it's horrifying. I'm trying to keep my spirits up though! I've been having really bad anxiety lately...And my anxiety is already bad as it is...This sucks but I'm really trying to keep positive.

That's really all I guess.

·
Administrator
977 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss, dope.

I don't think there's a right or wrong way to grieve. It takes time. However you feel is okay. I've heard it helps if you can talk about it to other people who knew her. It's not surprising if you feel more Dp'd so soon after as it is always a shock.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm so sorry for your loss, dope.

I don't think there's a right or wrong way to grieve. It takes time. However you feel is okay. I've heard it helps if you can talk about it to other people who knew her. It's not surprising if you feel more Dp'd so soon after as it is always a shock.
Thank you for your advice! Her death taught me so much and I'll never be the same.
As hard as it is for me to see her go, it was the best for everyone: she doesn't have to suffer anymore, we don't have to pay 600 euros a month for her expenses, it was simply the best for everyone. It's hard to know and acknowledge that;

The thing that stuck out the most that I've learned with this is that life is too short to fear death, like I do when I have anxiety or when my DP spikes. It's just too short. And since I've realized that, I have been much more calmer. :)

Thank you for your reply!

Reactions: Phantasm
1 - 3 of 3 Posts