Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys im new to this. Im a young 23 year old girl and My story is very common i use to always smoke weed with my boyfriend for about 8 monthes straight i use to think it was harmless intill the worst thing in my life happend to me. I was smoking with my bf as usual and one night i had a panic attack and after it feels as if i ruiend my life. I woke up the next day and my head was throbbing my heart was racing and i was confused i walked in the kitchen and i had no idea what i was even doing. I finally took a shower and the panick attacked stopped.i continued to be shaky and was in a fog that whole day. I went home that night to my moms and i continued to have panic attack after panic attack. My mom called 911 but they always sent me home telling me to go see a phyc .i was scared and confuced and monthes went buy and still i wasent better my regular docter gave me Xanax to stop the attacks and they helped me but only for the day and after they whared off it was back to a shaky mess of confusion and feeling off.i started noticing i was developing all these symptoms i was scared of objects my shoes just about anything when i would stare at the glare of lights like any kinda glare it could even be the light shinning if my phone id freak out for no reason in fear idk why hard to explain. i would also started to have visual trips and sounds and evreything i hear sound diffrent it makes me jump to hear anything. I feel high all the time and i get paranoia like in my thoughts when i stare at things and sometimes when im having a panic attack or not i can be normal and cold air will bother my skin like my feet ect again soo hard to explain. But i feel hopeless at this point i know somthing is wrong with i could have developed a mental illness but i know i cant go on with life stuck in bed crying i wanna commit suicide ive messed up evreything i feel stupid if you have any advise or you have these EXTREME symptoms please help me and give me hope its been 5 monthes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I had very severe symptoms too.
However it has been 4 months and i can say I am almost fully out of my depersonalised state.
DO NOT DO ANYTHING YOU WILL REGRET.
My advice would be to live life to the fullest, and DO NOT LOS HOPE.

When i first got this awful feeling i promised myself i would never lose hope and here I am today almost 100% free of DP/DR.
Fulfill your dreams and aspirations and do not let anything stop you, ESPECIALLY DP/DR.
Do things that will distract you and KEEP DOING THEM till DP/DR seems like a distant memory.
Imagine DP/DR as an annoying neighbour. They will keep knocking on your door over and over until you open up.
DP/DR will keep digging at you because you keep thinking about it, until you give in.
DONT GIVE IN AND LIVE YOUR LIFE AS YOU DID BEFORE> YOU CAN DO THIS.
I am always here if you need a chat and alwayss will be <3 Good luck, we can do this!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts