Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering whether anyones moods/thoughts are affected by a change in the weather? At the moment where I live the weather is changing on a regaular basis. One minute dull and dingy (rain showers), then the sun comes out for a while then disspaears. This mucks me up!! Dont know how? but it does!!

Am I on my own here?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi

I know i hate warm weather, makes me feel worse, not too keen on the sun
its probably hypersensitivity to how you are relating to the changes in the weather

x

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm the opposite, I hate the winter. When it's gray and bleak outside with nothing to do, makes everything 100x worse for me.

:cry:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Spring and summer are the worst months for me because it is so hot and the sun shines so much. I seem to always feel physically sick when it is really hot out. And i am very over-sensitive to light, so sunshine really bothers me...i hate it! On rainy/cloudy days...i feel much better. More energized and i dont feel so tired or physically sick.
I love the fall and winter months. It gets cold. Snows, the sun goes down much earlier, the holidays. The trees loose their leaves, etc. I like it much better.

For some reason, what makes most people feel good: warm, sunshiny weather, lots of green grass and leafy trees, big blue skies... always makes me feel worse. It irritates the heck out of me. Makes me mad and depressed and tired.

-becka

·
Registered
200 Posts
I hate the summer too - makes me depressed and much more prone to dp - May and June I can cope with but the months of July/August are the absolute pits. It is the stillness and the heat and the demand it seems to impose on me to enjoy it - my highest risk time for dp, just come out of a big episode and once we are through the dreaded Bank Holiday I will be so happy and relishing the onset of autumn with all its textures and rich colours...... :wink:

·
Registered
99 Posts
i must admit though, if its a clear day, blue skys /white clouds, and a breeze i love it

its the hot /humid , strong hazy sun and stillness i cant stand

but autumn/winter are my favs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts