Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
think about it normal people have problems, but i don't think they are as hard as we have, and i used to be normal and had been through tough times. family sickness, girl problems, other stuff, but nothing even compares to this. think about the normal people that kill themselves cause they don't have a gf or a good job or what not, when they have a lot more than they think. and us dp/dr i know we are suspectible* to suicide cause of our circumstances, but we don't give in, we keep hope, we keep on going because that really is our only choice, so we are stronger than most normal people, cause a lot of them wouldn't be able to go through this, but since we have been through things even before dp/dr that we know this is the hardest thing in the world, no matter what anyone says.

hopefully in the future when we return whenever that may be, we will be stronger, better, love life more, because we know what hell is like, we have been through it and after we get out of this of course there will be other hard times, but we will be happy cause things seem normal. the people around you the environment, we would be able to take those other things better, like loss of job, or gf. there are always other jobs or other girls but we will know who we are, we will connect to life again and be happy. so i think when we are all normal again, things that affect normal people won't affect us that much, because we've already been through one of the hardest if not the hardest thing in the world and we will appreciate things and life so much more and not take things for granted, i hope at least.

· Registered
413 Posts
Man...good point man...I went though a severe broken heart and severe DP/DR at the same time man...I dont know how I didnt kill myself man...DANG!

Like you said in an earlier post...if you can give this illness to someone when it's at its worse, I know they would say "how do you keep from going insane and keep thinking rationally?!"

Anyway...I dont want to toot our own horn..but we're some tough people man!!!

· Registered
178 Posts
I agree with the fact that living with this is living very hard. It is one of the hardest things that I have delt with so far in my life. I understand there are other things that are worse than what I have, many things that are worse. But for all those normal people things are much harder for us. Like the constant anxiety that we face every day. Wake up its there and it stays. That is what is hard.

G

·
I agree, things are so much much harder but then you have to be 'normal' in order to stay on top otherwise you will fall apart. I've been so through so much,same as everyone else on here and a lot of friends and family have had a hell of a lot of shit happen. Normal people seem to just flow by and I just want that flow back, never prob will happen 100% but at the mo, I feel like I've fallen apart yet I'm still together?????? I admire everyone no matter who they are for having things tough, but man, this shit can really sometimes be a toll on a soul.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.