Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had dpd for a while...22 years...but that doesn't matter. The only thing that is real is Now. So if you felt disconnected 5 seconds ago, that is in the past. It's not real. Don't let your mind keep u in the past.

I've always felt disconnected to some degree from everything..internal and external states. But there is one thing that I can NOT say I have ever been disconnected from: awareness.

You too are connected to it. Perhaps in your disconnected state you are actually living more in awareness than other people. I know I am.

And guess what? Awareness is the only real thing in existence. The world we live in is unreal in the sense that it is untrue...it is not Reality. Reality is pure Awareness (or Being, God, Consciousness) and if u are like me you are more connected to it (aka witnessing...the witness) than other "normal" people are.

I think many people with dp or dr would benefit from listening to Rupert's teachings. Best wishes to you!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thank you for the post, though the way I see it, it suffers from the same flaw as a lot of modern self help, I.e., it sounds right and makes sense abstractly, but doesn't really contain much of concrete or practical benefit.

Also, this can be good or bad, depending on the person's goal. If the goal is accepting, perhaps even appreciating the DP, it sounds great. If the goal is getting rid of it and being normal and happy and fun-loving with friends and family, it's probably not going to be helpful.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Spira is good Yeh. If you want to go hardcore on non duality I recommend Tony Parsons. He is entertaining and it definitely gets to the 'understanding' psychological side of enlightenment. The only bad thing is most DPD sufferers will hate him lol he denies there is a self, anything to be done, anywhere to go. It is an utterly hopeless message in his words. Which a lot of people here don't want.

Another that I like is the zen monk bassui. He asked questions like 'who hears this sound?'. But again, self enquiry and meditation are not popular in these parts. I have been asking that question recently, who hears this, who thinks this, who feels this. Almost zooming out to be more aware as opposed to zooming in and being more myopic. I always find myself coming back to nom duality

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm glad others are interested in nonduality. Thanks for the info Broken. I hope everyone gets what they desire, to reconnect with the life and perception they had. For me, I'm obviously at a point when there is no going back for me...only forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts