Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few months my anxiety has been getting a little better and my DPDR has almost faded. However, I experienced a set back this morning.

I went to bed last night feeling alright and watched a movie and fell asleep. I woke at 3am to go to the bathroom and when I woke up I felt weird.

I felt a bit frightened, spaced out, detached and my mind was racing. I remember touching my nose and it felt like my nose wasn't mine.

When I tried to get back to sleep and had my eyes closed I got the scarey feeling that everything was closing in on me. Has any members had the same? I hope it isn't DPDR showing it's ugly head again.

·
Registered
357 Posts
How do you feel now? I say keep pushing and don't let this bad day take you back to the horrific days. I have days where I start seeing the light and the end of the tunnel and then the next day pure darkness and I feel like I am back to square one

·
Registered
128 Posts
I get this almost every time I wake up be in the middle of the night, I don't get the mind racing but everything else is spot on. It's like the DR gets cranked up by 10 and when I try to drift back to sleep for some reason everything becomes super terrifying, like if I fall asleep I will die and I will start having a lot of anxiety and horrifying thoughts.

I try to cut down on screen time before bed and try to not eat or drink anything two hours prior... seems to help a little bit and booze seems to make it worse.

hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts