Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else here on this website has visual disturbances or very sensative vision as apart of this whole experience? I know there has been posts about this in the past, but NOONE, not one person, has ever fully explained to me why i have visual disturbances and sensative vision. I don't understand how it relates to anxiety??? I guess i can understand how my past drug use may have caused it, but in a way i don't because its not like everyone who smokes weed gets visual disturbances. I went to the eye doctor like back in January and he said my vision was fine and that my eyes were fine. Are these visual disturbances related to HPPD, which is obviously related to DP/DR, and marijuana is a mild halluinnagenic. The thing is they aren't severe all the time like someone who has HPPD because of ACID or LSD, but they are still annoying and bothersome. Is there any possible way to make them better or go away completely??

Heres a list of my visual disturbances

Floaters- especially when im outside, up at the sky or looking at certain computer screens, They aren't there all of the time, unless i look up at the sky, they are usually always there than.

Little sparks kinda similar to floaters, usually only see those when i look up at the sky.

After images ( trailers) I get these sometimes if i look at the TV and look away, i can see for a second an after image of the TV.

When im in certain lighting, i just get all types of like staticky graininess in my vision, i also sometimes get this at night in the dark.

Also my eyes seem to be more sensative to bright sunlight

Sometimes things seem to shimmer when i look at them, especially at certain times or under certain lighting. Its really quite disturbing.

A few times in the past ive gotten that microcosm thing

Theres probably some other things im leaving out to, but overall its very annoying and i wish they would go away. I mean how long can this shit possibly last?? I haven't smoked any weed in what 9 months now.

If anyone has any valuable insight on this type of thing, it would be greatly appreciated it. I mean what exactly is this a result of ?? Is it something physical or psychological??

Peace

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Who else here on this website has visual disturbances or very sensative vision as apart of this whole experience? I know there has been posts about this in the past, but NOONE, not one person, has ever fully explained to me why i have visual disturbances and sensative vision. I don't understand how it relates to anxiety??? I guess i can understand how my past drug use may have caused it, but in a way i don't because its not like everyone who smokes weed gets visual disturbances. I went to the eye doctor like back in January and he said my vision was fine and that my eyes were fine. Are these visual disturbances related to HPPD, which is obviously related to DP/DR, and marijuana is a mild halluinnagenic. The thing is they aren't severe all the time like someone who has HPPD because of ACID or LSD, but they are still annoying and bothersome. Is there any possible way to make them better or go away completely??

Heres a list of my visual disturbances

Floaters- especially when im outside, up at the sky or looking at certain computer screens, They aren't there all of the time, unless i look up at the sky, they are usually always there than.

Little sparks kinda similar to floaters, usually only see those when i look up at the sky.

After images ( trailers) I get these sometimes if i look at the TV and look away, i can see for a second an after image of the TV.

When im in certain lighting, i just get all types of like staticky graininess in my vision, i also sometimes get this at night in the dark.

Also my eyes seem to be more sensative to bright sunlight

Sometimes things seem to shimmer when i look at them, especially at certain times or under certain lighting. Its really quite disturbing.

A few times in the past ive gotten that microcosm thing

Theres probably some other things im leaving out to, but overall its very annoying and i wish they would go away. I mean how long can this shit possibly last?? I haven't smoked any weed in what 9 months now.

If anyone has any valuable insight on this type of thing, it would be greatly appreciated it. I mean what exactly is this a result of ?? Is it something physical or psychological??

Peace

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think most of your visual disturbances are normal. For instance, After images ( trailers) I get these sometimes if i look at the TV and look away, i can see for a second an after image of the TV.
That always happens to me and I think nothing of it. It's probably just your eyes getting adjusted to..something. My eyes are sensitive to bright sunlight. I don't know how to explain why you get all of these..I even get them and most of them are your eyes adjusting to the light/dark.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think most of your visual disturbances are normal. For instance, After images ( trailers) I get these sometimes if i look at the TV and look away, i can see for a second an after image of the TV.
That always happens to me and I think nothing of it. It's probably just your eyes getting adjusted to..something. My eyes are sensitive to bright sunlight. I don't know how to explain why you get all of these..I even get them and most of them are your eyes adjusting to the light/dark.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The shimmers MIGHT be caused from drug use (and might be a from of HPPD, that syndrome that is a neurological response to certain rec drugs and can only go away with time).

The trails of light MIGHT be the same, but most of us with anxiety also have had that. Do the trails last longer than a second or so? If longer, might be the HPPD, but if only a second or so, then yep...the big A.

The others? floaters, etc. all the others you mentioned...I had 'em all, my friend. It's not that anxiety CAUSES them, but anxiety states cause us to perceive them. They're there, all the time. Right now I also see floaters because we're talking about floaters. By the time I hit SUBMIT, I won't see them anymore.

I know it's so hard to believe. I was convinced I had some eye problem that was related to the brain tumor I also thought I had, lol...

Anxiety.
Pure and simple. A state of Post-Trauma terror, and it keeps the body/brain in an overreactive mode as long as the symptoms go on.

Peace,
Janine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The shimmers MIGHT be caused from drug use (and might be a from of HPPD, that syndrome that is a neurological response to certain rec drugs and can only go away with time).

The trails of light MIGHT be the same, but most of us with anxiety also have had that. Do the trails last longer than a second or so? If longer, might be the HPPD, but if only a second or so, then yep...the big A.

The others? floaters, etc. all the others you mentioned...I had 'em all, my friend. It's not that anxiety CAUSES them, but anxiety states cause us to perceive them. They're there, all the time. Right now I also see floaters because we're talking about floaters. By the time I hit SUBMIT, I won't see them anymore.

I know it's so hard to believe. I was convinced I had some eye problem that was related to the brain tumor I also thought I had, lol...

Anxiety.
Pure and simple. A state of Post-Trauma terror, and it keeps the body/brain in an overreactive mode as long as the symptoms go on.

Peace,
Janine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Janine

the Trailers/After Images usually only last like a second or so, so i guess its not HPPD.

So how do i make these things go away???????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Janine

the Trailers/After Images usually only last like a second or so, so i guess its not HPPD.

So how do i make these things go away???????

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep, yeah and sure.. Have them all.

The sparks, the floaters, graininess. This is how our eyes work. This is how all eyes work.

If you look at the TV for a second and close your eyes it will cause an after image, like the flash of a camera, that can easily last for up to half a minute if you focus on it. The photoreceptors in our eyes need time to fade out or something. Of course, this was no news to you.

Like Janine said, everyone has floaters when they focus on them.
I used to have so much anxiety over my floaters. Anxious over the fact that i could not escape them. I used to rub my eyes over and over again in hope for them to go away.

I think it's all about anxiety keeping us focused on them. Anxiety and our DP/DR.

When you think of it, the whole point of our eyes is to perceive the world with enough clarity that we can navigate in and interact with it. Some sparks or a floater or two makes no hinder. We shoudn't focus on what our eyes perceive, but what our brain makes out of it. When you look at a table, there's no need to think "ok, this table is black, have four legs, and is infected with floaters and sparks". Just trust your brains perception that say "This is a black table".

Ok.. Time to end this post. I guess i'm making no sense to anyone but me now :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep, yeah and sure.. Have them all.

The sparks, the floaters, graininess. This is how our eyes work. This is how all eyes work.

If you look at the TV for a second and close your eyes it will cause an after image, like the flash of a camera, that can easily last for up to half a minute if you focus on it. The photoreceptors in our eyes need time to fade out or something. Of course, this was no news to you.

Like Janine said, everyone has floaters when they focus on them.
I used to have so much anxiety over my floaters. Anxious over the fact that i could not escape them. I used to rub my eyes over and over again in hope for them to go away.

I think it's all about anxiety keeping us focused on them. Anxiety and our DP/DR.

When you think of it, the whole point of our eyes is to perceive the world with enough clarity that we can navigate in and interact with it. Some sparks or a floater or two makes no hinder. We shoudn't focus on what our eyes perceive, but what our brain makes out of it. When you look at a table, there's no need to think "ok, this table is black, have four legs, and is infected with floaters and sparks". Just trust your brains perception that say "This is a black table".

Ok.. Time to end this post. I guess i'm making no sense to anyone but me now :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
hey man, i have all those visual disturbances, so don't feel left out. i have no idea what started them, but i'll say anxiety maybe, because i think they started back when i started having panic attacks and the such.

·
Registered
108 Posts
hey man, i have all those visual disturbances, so don't feel left out. i have no idea what started them, but i'll say anxiety maybe, because i think they started back when i started having panic attacks and the such.

·
Registered
413 Posts
my sight is the most frightening thing at the mo...

everything just looks 2D and i feel like i am just observing everything around me and not interacting...

i think my dp/dr has been caused by an allergic reaction to meds about 4-5 months ago...

i just cannot stop saying to myself 'everything looks unreal' and 'nothing feels real'....

my vision has been checked and all is fine...

so i guess it is just the way i perceive my sight that is causing this with the anxiety (however slight) hightening the thoughts and feelings.

·
Registered
413 Posts
my sight is the most frightening thing at the mo...

everything just looks 2D and i feel like i am just observing everything around me and not interacting...

i think my dp/dr has been caused by an allergic reaction to meds about 4-5 months ago...

i just cannot stop saying to myself 'everything looks unreal' and 'nothing feels real'....

my vision has been checked and all is fine...

so i guess it is just the way i perceive my sight that is causing this with the anxiety (however slight) hightening the thoughts and feelings.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes

I Always Seem To See A Flash Of Light At The Corner Of My Eye If I Look A Certain Direction Too Fast

And Sometimes Ill See THings As If Their Pulsating Very Quickly (But Nothing Too Severe Like Seeing My Bed Spin In Mid Air At 8000 RPMs LoL)

Its From Being Zoned, Ur Eyes Get Sensitive An Foggy An The Way Ur Mind Perceives Things Is Amplifyed 200000%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes

I Always Seem To See A Flash Of Light At The Corner Of My Eye If I Look A Certain Direction Too Fast

And Sometimes Ill See THings As If Their Pulsating Very Quickly (But Nothing Too Severe Like Seeing My Bed Spin In Mid Air At 8000 RPMs LoL)

Its From Being Zoned, Ur Eyes Get Sensitive An Foggy An The Way Ur Mind Perceives Things Is Amplifyed 200000%

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hey.. late for class so i didnt read the replies.. and i dont know what help youve been offered so far..

BUT I just wanted to say.. ive NEVER touched a drug in my life.. and last summer (over a year ago now) .. i went through almost EVERY eye issue in the book. I went through so many eye tests.. every one said my eyes were fine.

I had floaters, after-images, dragged out vision, distorted vision, blurred vision, cloudy vision, skipping vision (my vision would seem to freeze frame everyonce in a while, and then skip for a split second)....

I convinced myself I was going blind.. or had a brain tumor or something.. almost all of them are gone for the most part now tho.. I wouldnt worry too much about it (coming from the guy whos convinced he's lost his memory, and is in a constant state of panic lol)...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hey.. late for class so i didnt read the replies.. and i dont know what help youve been offered so far..

BUT I just wanted to say.. ive NEVER touched a drug in my life.. and last summer (over a year ago now) .. i went through almost EVERY eye issue in the book. I went through so many eye tests.. every one said my eyes were fine.

I had floaters, after-images, dragged out vision, distorted vision, blurred vision, cloudy vision, skipping vision (my vision would seem to freeze frame everyonce in a while, and then skip for a split second)....

I convinced myself I was going blind.. or had a brain tumor or something.. almost all of them are gone for the most part now tho.. I wouldnt worry too much about it (coming from the guy whos convinced he's lost his memory, and is in a constant state of panic lol)...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts