Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been a lot of posts about visual symptoms.. I've been struggling with DPDR since a few weeks after I had my son (June 6) so almost 8 months. I have tunnel like vision, visual snow, blurry, fuzzy and things appear to move. I feel like if everything didn't look so unreal I would recover a lot faster and maybe if I didn't obsess over how I feel but it's hard not to when you feel like you're not even here anymore and nothing looks familiar that should.. with no sense of self. What visual symptoms does everyone else have and are they constant and worsening?

·
Registered
977 Posts
You got DP from having a child? I've heard of that. Have you made sure to check bloods and hormones?

Anyway, i've had a lot of visual symptoms, all the ones you talk about, but now I have none of them, well there is always one actually I can look and find when replying to this question... if i turn the lights off, turn my phone light up it will blur and morph back into the phone. I think though this is how I fixed it all vision wise, is like the things appear to move for instance;

it use to freak me out, causing more anxiety, making me watch it like "is this for real?".. same for Visional snow, it was causing me anxiety. I'm not saying lowering my anxiety made the vision go back to normal, that was time really.. but what it was, is this word we use a lot here but never understand, called "acceptance", i think a good name for it is "distraction"... yeah you accept if you notice it, to stop, but ain't that just distraction? well i guess i did both, as I'd always distract myself until if i did notice it, it was ironic and gave me no sense of fear, that for me was the true acceptance, kinda why when visional snow went, i didn't jump for joy.. this is how a lot of people who recover talk about coming out of DP, they get so use to ignoring it that when it's gone it takes a while to realise..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m assuming that’s how I got it since I noticed it before he was even a month old. Although, I have no clue why it caused me to dissociate. Maybe because I was induced June 6th, the day my best friend died 8 years ago. I didn’t realize it bothered me, truly didn’t think too much about it but maybe it did subconsciously? I woke up one more dizzy, my ears ringing and completely spaced out. I panicked because I felt disoriented and disconnected from everything and then things got worse.. felt like I was in a trance. Then my vision got funny about a month later and the feelings I had intensified because I had no clue wtf was happening to me (2D, colors were washed out, things appeared to move, things appeared closer, my body felt bigger than the room I was in, blurry, grainy..) One day I went out my front door and I felt like I had no clue where I was at, everything looked like a painting or animated. Did you experience dizziness or pressure in your head with this? I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Labyrinthitis which is an inner ear problem so the dizziness makes sense but not the vision. So that’s when I came across DPDR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts