Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i am asking about this topic AGAIN...

but i was just wondering...

i need to distract myself away from think about my sight...how unreal things seem...and all that...

but how do you distract from something that is with you all the time?

i can forget about the whole 'feeling numb' and distract from the worrying about time and space and breathing and things like that...

but what about eyesight?

i keep thinking about it and cannot stop...as you see all day!

even when i shut my eyes i cannot stand it...

i do a lot of artwork for people and have a lot of work to do...but i just concentrate on my eyesight more and more until i just have to put everything down and try and calm down...

so i am asking for coping/distraction techniques?

any ideas?

thank you very much :)

G

·
I find things sometimes appear smaller/larger and i think how they should look and whats 'normal' i know its hard....The scariest thing when i fell into DP was the world looked so distorted...i can just about cope with it but its so weird..... try not to think too much about it and just concentrate on distraction....I can't recommend distraction techniques but you will find stuff that works for you...hope ive made some sense and helped in someway.....your art is amazing-keep going with it :) xxxx

G

·
Hi,

I have the SAME problem, again it's obsession. We are so stubborn inside, we HAVE to watch, to monitor.... it's very hard not to do it, I am in the same boat as you!

Obsessions, as usual... I have no advice but I realize when I read magazine or watch tv I have no problem with eyesight.... so maybe distraction is the key?

Cyn xxx

·
Registered
749 Posts
sorry, no tips either, i have the same worries- how the hell can things go back to normal when you cant stand been able to see? I realize that eyesight is normal and that probably why it is so weird- because nothing else is, but as cynthia said reading, watching tv, been on here is all distraction, just keep busy and eventually,hopefuuly it will all click :)

G

·
The worse my dp is the worse my vision is.I don't think my vision has actually changed,I think it's something to do with the brain getting the messages confused.
Yesterday my left eye kept getting so blurred I couldn't see out of it at times.I recalled the latest Woody Allen movie where he got hysterical blindness,I thought I might be having my own version of it.

I don't know how to deal with the vision probs either.I just keep telling myself it's all part of dp,like all the other wierd stuff.
Dp distorts all of my senses.It's freaky because we rely on our senses for a survival,no wonder I feel like I'm in the grips of not so clear but present danger.

Shelly :shock:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ARGH i really cannot stand this!!!

my vision is not distorted or blurred or anything like that...

just that fact i can see is freaking me out!

i try my best not to think about it but as you see all day long it is so damn hard!

last night when i shut my eyes to go to bed....whenever i opened them it did not feel like me opening them!

all of a sudden i could see again!

it really does not feel like i am seeing...i cannot even explain it!

this is getting so ridiculous!

i just cannot stand being able to see and it is hindering the artwork i need to do as i really cannot concentrate on it....

sorry guys just really needed to vent...

·
Registered
749 Posts
SHADOWNESS.......

......I was thinking about the vision thing when i went to bed last night, i hate the whole thing of been able to see just like you, but you also have said you still hate it when your eyes are closed, when you cannot see
[i am the same} anyway the point been the fear is there all the time its just that at the moment we are pinning it on been able to see.......weeks ago it was speaking-which i still personally hate, i feel as if its not actually sight we fear it is just one of the symptoms we are suffering..your art work is really good.....keep on with it.....try not to focus on sight....put on a walkman get out your sketch book and crack on........hopefully this symptom wont last much longer.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dreamcatcher said:
SHADOWNESS.......

......I was thinking about the vision thing when i went to bed last night, i hate the whole thing of been able to see just like you, but you also have said you still hate it when your eyes are closed, when you cannot see
[i am the same} anyway the point been the fear is there all the time its just that at the moment we are pinning it on been able to see.......weeks ago it was speaking-which i still personally hate, i feel as if its not actually sight we fear it is just one of the symptoms we are suffering..your art work is really good.....keep on with it.....try not to focus on sight....put on a walkman get out your sketch book and crack on........hopefully this symptom wont last much longer.
thank you dreamcatcher...

yeah i know it is just another thing i am obssessively worrying about...

i suppose it is weird as i feel like i am not me so how do i carry on?

again asking too many questions instead of carrying on...

ah well...it is nice to be able to shout about it somewhere! haha

and great to get feedback too!

thank you for the compliments on my art work.... i have a lot to do but i am leaving it for the moment to calm down...have a drink...and then crack on!

thank you everyone who has replied :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts