Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
So sad.... i definitely support The idea of suicide for mentally ill people. If you would have asked me before my dp started I would have said absolutely not, but dp has opened my eyes into the painful realization that mental illness can be just as debilitating and painful as physical illness- if not worse. I'm still fighting my dp everyday and hope to recover but I'd be lying if I said suicide never crosses my mind. It crosses my mind all the time, dp has completely ruined my life , and I know that sounds sooo dramatic but it really has. It's hell. And no one deserves to live like this

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So sad.... i definitely support The idea of suicide for mentally ill people. If you would have asked me before my dp started I would have said absolutely not, but dp has opened my eyes into the painful realization that mental illness can be just as debilitating and painful as physical illness- if not worse. I'm still fighting my dp everyday and hope to recover but I'd be lying if I said suicide never crosses my mind. It crosses my mind all the time, dp has completely ruined my life , and I know that sounds sooo dramatic but it really has. It's hell. And no one deserves to live like this
How long did u have it?

·
Registered
251 Posts
This man also had SSD (Somatic Symptom Disorder). In his own words he felt as if his skin was burning with acid. I'm sure a lot of us do not feel this sensation along with any other physical sensations he had. Having DP and SSD would definitely compound the problem. Seeing as SSD is also fueled by anxiety, something which drives most of DP/DR symptoms, it would perhaps be the worst combination.

Now, having chronic DP/DR is enough to drive an individual to madness or suicide. For that, I wouldn't judge anyone for their decision but perhaps his DP was not as severe as his SSD. Just like anxiety fuels DP and vice versa, maybe for him SSD fueld anxiety, anxiety thus fueled SSD and then some DP. A tough tri-combination of sorts for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts