Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i was doing very well , i mena my anxiety is high still and if i dont keep up a good routine my anxiety goes through the roof , i was talking with a fellow sufferer who is very very negative he was telling me about how he is hyper aware of his thoughts and couldnt distract of this , and then one day very anxious this started happenign i asked myself what if this happens to me snd there i dtarted being hyper aware of some thoughts everytime i start thinking or imagine something i stop and say shit why am indoinf this it feels weird and i huper focus on thoughts instead lf letting them flow . I feel its very high anxiety i have for scaring myself but it feel tough , can anyone relate? And i if yes any advice would be nice

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have this. My thoughts haven't flowed properly in 1.5 years it completely ruins quality of life. I don't have any tips because i haven't managed to get rid of it but you do sprt of get used to it

·
Registered
343 Posts
everytime i start thinking or imagine something i stop and say shit why am indoinf this it feels weird
Because of who you are as a result of genetics and past events you've experienced in your life, because your neural circuits are configured in certain ways that leads to the thoughts that a given stimuli (either internal or external) prompts. It's as simple as that. As for an accurate answer regarding why any given thought popped up rather than another, you might as well just give up, because that's something you'll never get the answer to. Banging your head against a wall would be equally productive. It's a combination of myriad variables, none to which you have access due to them arising from subconscious cognition. The vast majority of your brain processing happens outside your conscious awareness, which is just a minuscule part of it all.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had this for about 2 years. For the first year it was really bad. The best way I could describe it would be like i was in the middle of a storm of thoughts, the thoughts like rain, relentlessly battering against my window. I remember going to watch bands and the thoughts in my head were more noticeable than the band I was watching. The thoughts felt like they were coming from somewhere other than me. Not that i felt like I was possessed. I knew they were just thoughts, but they were pouring out like a fountain and I had no way of stopping it. Apart from retreating from the world. But this is never a good solution. Eventually i went on antidepressants and that combined with completely quitting caffeine eventually calmed my mind down. I'm no longer on medication and the thoughts are mostly under my control now. Still get bad dp but my thinking at least feels mostly normal now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts