Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I wonder what I have now :)

I have some kind of vertigo. I explain myself : if I am in front of my computer or the Tv, and I get up after a while, I will have some unsteadiness on my feet, I will feel almost dizzy, like if I don't know if I am disoriented, I will feel weird about space, like if I will fall down or something.

I just got this today, many times, and just the feeling gave me palpitations. This problems happens out of the blue. I am unsteady on my feet.

I will have also weird sensations on my head, like if my head will explode, or I will scream, or fear that those feelings will turn onto more and more weird head feelings. I didn't have this before.

Argh.

Thanks for complaining with me :)

LOL

Allure

· Registered
788 Posts
I got really dizzy the other night. I was driving to the store and when I put the car in park, it swayed back and forth once and all of a sudden it was like, "Whoosh!" and I got really dizzy. I got out of the car and started walking up to the store and I was so dizzy I could hardly walk. I decided to get back in the car and sit for a minute but it didn't pass, and I realized I'd forgotten to bring my cell phone so I couldn't call anyone. So I basically just risked it and drove home, and was ok, I just drove carefully. But when I got home I tried to eat something, thinking my blood sugar may be low, but it didn't pass for a few hours. I just felt stumbly when walking and things were blurry so I just laid down and watched tv until it passed. I have a few ideas on what caused it. One, nerves from going to a job interview that day. Or two, and more likely, the place I went for the interview was a factory and the chemicals had made me dizzy because I felt dizzy earlier when I was at the place. Ugh. it was such a weird feeling.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes,

I like your Whoosh feeling. Exacly like me, everytime Dp/DR strikes. It's like a zoom out, or a zoom in, and I realize that I wasn't aware of that moment, or I just realize that I am at this place, or talking with this person, or not feeling myself. It's very Woosh!!

Allure

· Registered
298 Posts
Here's an interesting thought for you to ponder a bit...

I had read somewhere that improper breathing can result in low oxygen levels in your blood stream (high levels of carbon dioxide). The effect can be panic attacks. People relearn breathing when they go to a good psychologist for panic problems - they learn to breath from lower (near their gut) - as opposed to up in their chest. I had suffered from them for a long, long time - and the breathing techniques really work very, very well.

I have a strong inclination that depersonalization and the like have a lot in common with whatever it is that gives us panic attacks - and its possible, then, that poor breathing can jump-start the experience for us (and poor breathing - by the way - makes you dizzy).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JasonFar,

Seriously do you try to be the most mean person in the board?

Because I think you are great in that, JasonFar.

· Registered
694 Posts
I used to have dizzy spells in the mornings. I think it was from the 4,017 beers I drank the night before. I agree with Ben, the shallow breathing(caused from anxiety) is more than likely the cause of the dizzyness. Inhale deeply thru your nose, hold them for a count of 3, then slowly blow them out thru pursed lips. If you do this for 15 minutes or so, it will help to balance out the co2/o2 in your blood. The focus on breathing is a distraction and will help to calm your mind.

Joe

· Registered
298 Posts
Please do not respond to Jason. I really would like this board to not be hampered by those who, well, yearn for attention. It's simple - just whatever he/she comes back with simply ignore it; it's not worth your time to be bothered by that kind of commentary. Please.

That being said; I would be interested in seeing what others think when they have a "whoosh" experience of DP if they concentrate on their breathing habits in and around that time.

· Registered
298 Posts
The reality is that I'm being quite the opposite of ignorant. I see and know exactly what's being said and what the meaning is. I'm just smart enough to ignore those that do me no good.

Not ignorant.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.