Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Tried it a while ago but did not notice much difference in sleeping patterns.

Actually I'll try it again tonight. I'll give you feedback tomorrow.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i took it about 30min ago and i feel stoned or high. Its kinda freaky at first. I almost had a panic attack because i constantly monitor my self and the way i feel.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Valerian Root is meant to bind weakly to the same GABA recepetors as the benzodiazepines. It does work, for people who aren't or haven't been on industrial strength medication, but for the rest of us, not much.

I sometimes make a cup of Valerian tea before I go to (it tastes like dirt), and it does have a slightly calming effect.

·
Registered
733 Posts
i took 2 valerian tablets last night to sleep. they didn't work very well but i do think that they do work for me if my insomnia isn't very bad. they work even better in conjunction with melatonin.

martin, eeewwww! i can't believe you can stand drinking valerian root tea! even just keeping the tablets in my bathroom, stinks it up a little.

G

·

sorry...I am probably one of the few that's never even heard about this drug, and I was sure I had tried them all! Damn!...this DP/DR things gets more disappointing all the time.

Good Luck,
Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts