Depersonalization Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow I think I love you, LOL.. Really your state of mind is exactly as mine, I want to help people even now and I am not even cured.. anyway THANK YOU! means allot to me.. I am trying to do anything and everything and being psoitive and seeing this as only a state of mind and not every stupid symptom as a living hell... In fact I am going to Aruba for 10 monts internship 2 days from now and it scares the shit out of me. I dont know anybody there and will go all alone but I read all the time to change your environment, meet new people and continue your life.. Lol maybe I take it too seriously but hell fuck DP I can do this and I will show my DP that it can go and bother someone else (hope not) because there is nothing to win here and nothing it can stop... I do HATE this feeling because I want to enjoy everything, the whole journey and people and island thing. I know I will enjoy it sort of but far less, but hey I wont lett it stop me... You post makes me feel like its the right choice again.. Thank you and congrats!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thank you haha! And yes I was taking a lot of B-vitamins at one point, until I lost the bottle somewhere in a friends' car and never picked up on it again. But I was taking two a day and definitely felt more alert, clear-minded, and definitely less stressful. Thanks for mentioning this, vitamin B is so important with any sort of neurological issue and I can't believe I forgot to throw it in there !
hey take care of yourself and good luck [email protected] email me

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks so much for this post. It's nice to see someone who's recovered and isn't claiming it was because of some magic supplement or medication. Your post gives me hope that maybe one day I can recover =) Thanks for putting the time to write all of that. It's funny that you mentioned apple cider vinegar, because I bought some of the Braggs brand kind months ago. I just bought it because I heard it could help you lose weight, along with a bunch of other benefits. I didn't really think that maybe it could help with brain fog. I'll definitely try using it everyday as opposed to whenever I remember to now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

Thanks for the post
I don't actually have DP/DR but I signed up on this site because my boyfriend does. It's been getting worse lately and he actually broke up with me a week ago, but I intend to stick around and help him recover in any way I can.

About the "glimmer of hope" thing...when the DP suddenly lifts and you feel like yourself again...I'm pretty sure that happened to him. It was early on in our relationship and we were sitting in one of his favorite spots, on this cliff overlooking the town, and we were...well, we were making out pretty intensely. But suddenly he stopped and sat up. I said "what's wrong?" and he just said something like "hold on...I just have to look at everything..." and he sat there for a while. Later, he ended up telling me all about his DP/DR and about that moment. He said that the 'veil' suddenly lifted and everything was so real and vivid, and he finally felt connected, for that moment.

This is what you're describing, right? Was it that he was so distracted (by me, heh) that his brain beat the DP/DR for that moment?

I'm also wondering, what is the best way for me to help him? If you were in his position, what would you need from your significant other? More make out sessions on the cliff? I would have no problem with that
[/background]

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Thanks for the post
I don't actually have DP/DR but I signed up on this site because my boyfriend does. It's been getting worse lately and he actually broke up with me a week ago, but I intend to stick around and help him recover in any way I can.

About the "glimmer of hope" thing...when the DP suddenly lifts and you feel like yourself again...I'm pretty sure that happened to him. It was early on in our relationship and we were sitting in one of his favorite spots, on this cliff overlooking the town, and we were...well, we were making out pretty intensely. But suddenly he stopped and sat up. I said "what's wrong?" and he just said something like "hold on...I just have to look at everything..." and he sat there for a while. Later, he ended up telling me all about his DP/DR and about that moment. He said that the 'veil' suddenly lifted and everything was so real and vivid, and he finally felt connected, for that moment.

This is what you're describing, right? Was it that he was so distracted (by me, heh) that his brain beat the DP/DR for that moment?

I'm also wondering, what is the best way for me to help him? If you were in his position, what would you need from your significant other? More make out sessions on the cliff? I would have no problem with that
You are an amazing girlfriend, I would be so stoked to have a girlfriend like you. Unfortunately all this DP shit holds me back from wanting to get into a relationship. I guess I am too afraid of getting hurt again. I hope you guys work things out!

·
Registered
38 Posts
You are an amazing girlfriend, I would be so stoked to have a girlfriend like you. Unfortunately all this DP shit holds me back from wanting to get into a relationship. I guess I am too afraid of getting hurt again. I hope you guys work things out!
Haha, thanks! I've been hearing that on this site, and I just need to get him to realize that. Right now he isn't talking to me much, and I'm kind of worried he will refuse to see me when I'm back in town starting this Friday. :/

You shouldn't lose hope! I can't be the only patient/understanding person in the world.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This post was really inspiring to me. I believe I've had DP/DR at various times due to my anxiety and depression however this recent bout of panic attacks and anxiety has me feeling lower than ever. I feel like I can't relate to my friends or family, my home and belongings feel alien and I feel like I don't even know who I am or what I think anymore. Is this a common thing and a symptom of DP/DR? I definitely get the brain fog thing, I just can't think straight about anything, seeing friends, going to work, watching tv or just generally doing anything seems so scary and stressful but doing nothing is just as intimidating. Have any of you felt like this, in particular the author of this post?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This was fabulous! As I was reading, I was saying to myself that this sounds like Eckhart Tolle, who I find so comforting when I need encouraging, and then there you went, quoting him. You made my day and I have now bookmarked this page for reference when I need reminding. Your efforts in writing your story were not in vain and I so appreciate it. All the best.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is so inspirational :') I've only had DP/DR for a few months, but it's been hell. Not only do I feel empty, when I move around I go into "Auto-Pilot" mode and I feel like someone else is controlling me. It's terrible. My therapist even acts like she doesnt know what to do. Does anyone have advice how to continue to stay strong even when you get reminded your "not better yet" when you walk? This would mean the world to me. I'm only 16 so I don't want to spend my last year of school like this, I want to enjoy it! I want to be "normal" so I can live again :) please give advice if you have any :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
For someone like me (who has dealt with this for years), this is a very positive thing to read. Once or twice a year, I too will get those all-too brief moments of clarity. It almost makes me want to cry because I know it will probably be fleeting but it does keep me going for another few months. I signed up here recently because I've been feeling pretty down, but some of these stories on the recovery forum are helping me cope, so I thank you all for that.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts